- Operation H.O.P.E. // Current Health 1;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Presents Berlin Community School teacher Barbara Rote's fifth-grade students' creation of a special food drive for the people of Berlin, New Jersey. Students' awareness of the hunger problem in the United States from article in `Current Health 1' periodical; Contributions from school children.
- South Korea. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 146, p2
Informs about the emergency rice aid for North Korea from its capitalist rival South Korea.
- North Korea's extremity. // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 141, p20
Editorial. Discusses food aid to North Korea. Comparison of giving food aid to North Korea to helping a trapped animal; Position of leaders in North Korea on food aid; Reference to some of the countries committed to providing food to North Korea; Problems with the food aid on reaching North Korea.
- Hammer and sickle prove poor farm tools in N. Korea. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the effects of North Korea's appeal for food aid to the United States (US). Details on this effect; How American officials handle the situation; Information on North Korea's announcement to stop searching for remains of US soldiers; Examination of how South Korea views the...
- An African nightmare. // Newsweek;11/26/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p56
Flood of generosity. All over America, and in many other places around the world, the horrifying images of Africa's famine have shaken hundreds of thousands of people out of their complacency. Now that the story is finally out, another major question is how long, the concern will last. The...
- The unending emergency. Zuehlke, Mark // Canada & the World Backgrounder;1994, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
Discusses various aspects of food banks in Canada and reports that the first ones opened in the early 1980s and are still open in 1994. The Edmonton Gleaners Association; Estimates on the number of food banks in Canada; Results of a survey of 70,000 adults using the Daily Bread Food Bank in...
- Erring on the side of humanity. Sheremata, Davis; Holden, Natalia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/02/96, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p11
No abstract available.
- Health center offers food program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p45
Reports that the Wallkill Valley Health Center will be offering `W.I.C.,' a supplemental food program effective December 5, 1996 in Orange Count, New York.
- Close down the food banks. Hilton, Karla // Canadian Dimension;Aug93, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Proposes the closure of food banks in Winnipeg Canada in favor of long-term solution. Bank's disempowerment of the disadvantaged; Food banks as top-down response to poverty and lack of food; Contribution to cycle of dependence; Resultant difficulty in mobilizing people; `Food club' as an...
- Feeding the hungry. // America;11/17/1984, Vol. 151 Issue 15, p321
Over the past decade, food production has increased in all sections of the world except the sub-Sahara. Problems of distribution, however, are more intractable than previously recognized. Appropriate policy changes are needed in the developed and undeveloped nations to alleviate hunger.