Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV, with a note on psychoneuroimmunology
- Mental Health Aspects of HTV Infection. // American Family Physician;10/1/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p930
Lists four generalizations that family physicians may find helpful when treating patients with HIV infection. Cognitive impairment of patients; Neuropsychiatric impairment and degree of medical illness and stage of the disease; Nonreliability of memory tests; Mood swings; Citation from the...
- Erratum to: Coping Strategies for HIV-Related Stigma in Liuzhou, China. Zhang, Ying-Xia; Golin, Carol; Bu, Jin; Emrick, Catherine; Zhang, Nan; Li, Ming-Qiang // AIDS & Behavior;Feb2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p221
A correction to the article "Coping Strategies for HIV-Related Stigma in Liuzhou, China," that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- Erratum to: Affected by HIV Stigma: Interpreting Results from a Population Survey of an Urban Center in Guangxi, China. Abler, Laurie; Henderson, Gail; Wang, Xin; Avery, Matthew; Zhang, Ying-Xia; Pan, Suiming // AIDS & Behavior;Feb2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p202
A correction to the article "Affected by HIV Stigma: Interpreting Results From a Population Survey of an Urban Center in Guangxi, China," that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- TAKING CONTROL. McGuire, James // Gay Community News;Dec2014, Issue 300, p44
The article discusses Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) diagnosis' positive test results and methods to cope with the emotional trauma that comes with it.
- HIV-related neuropsychiatric changes: Concerns for dental professionals. Asher, Randall S.; McDowell, John D. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Aug93, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p80
Presents a case report that illustrates behavioral changes of a patient with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Effect of complications of HIV infection in treatment planning and dental care delivery; Neurologic complications of HIV; Effects on cognition and behavior; HIV-related...
- The writing is on the wall: medical students express their views and anguish. Mathibe, L. J. // South African Family Practice;Oct2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p422
Students often write messages on toilet walls. Some of these messages are derogatory, but some express their anguish, and reflect the challenges that they face while training. In this brief report, three messages, chosen from many which were written on public bathroom walls by medical students...
- Longitudinal Study of Mental Health and Psychosocial Predictors of Medical Treatment Adherence in Mothers Living with HIV Disease. Mellins, Claude A.; Ezer Kang; Cheng-Shiun Leu; Havens, Jennifer F.; Chesney, Margaret A. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p407
Cross-sectional studies to date that examine psychosocial correlates of antiretroviral adherence have insufficiently addressed the challenges of long-term adherence. This longitudinal study examined mental health, substance abuse, and psychosocial predictors of long-term adherence to...
- First UK standards for psychological support for adults living with HIV. // Therapy Today;Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p5
No abstract available.
- Knowledge and Attitude among Adolescents towards HIV/AIDS. Bokhamseen, Ahmed; Shammari, Bader Al; Alsaai, Maan; Alotaibi, Fahad; Moosa, Nouf; Alsaloom, Randa; Albraik, Rawan; Jabal, Saeed Bin; Alajlan, Saleh; Alwahhabi, Talal; Moosa, Khairya // Bahrain Medical Bulletin;Sep2015, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p6
Background: HIV is an immunodeficiency caused by retrovirus. WHO defined HIV as a global health emergency. The inadequate knowledge, negative attitude and risky practices among adolescents are considered major hindrances in preventing the spread of HIV. Objective: To evaluate the level of the...