Amendment of Palestinian Covenant
- Two Arabs who help run Israel. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/99, Vol. 91 Issue 141, p6
Profiles Ahmed Tibi and Hosnia Jabara, who both have political interests in Israel. Biographical information; Career highlights; Tibi's friction with Israeli politicians; Opposition due to Jabara being a woman.
- Arafat says statehood is a reality. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/14/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p6
Reports that Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat has retreated from his pledge to declare independence for Palestine on May 4, 1999. International pressure on Arafat to delay a declaration due to concerns over its use as a political issue in Israel's general election; Arafat's comments on...
- Bantustans and Bypass Roads: The Rebirth of Apartheid? Halper, Jeff // Global Dialogue;Summer2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the Oslo Declaration of Principles agreed by Israel and Palestinians in September 1993. It says that the incursion of Israel into Palestinian areas in March and April 2002 is to demolish the infrastructure of terrorism that was represented not only a repudiation on...
- 'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'. Hammer, Joshua; Knight, Gary // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/12/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6278, p78
Focuses on the escalating terrorism in the Middle East fueled by suicide attacks and guerrilla war between Israel and Palestine. Illustration of the situation by the author and his team who was kidnapped by terrorists; Description of how serious the security situation in the area has become.
- ONE WAY OUT. Remnick, David // New Yorker;4/15/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the developments related to the Palestinian uprising in Israel. Efficiency of diplomacy; Disputes between Palestinian President Yaser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon; Engagement of the U.S. government to the uprisings in the Middle East.
- Chronology of Events. Hirbawi, Najat // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p120
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven Belgians; Palestinian suicide bombers in a bus station; Submission of a formal request to the U.S. for a special package in military aid and in loan...
- Q&A. // Junior Scholastic;11/13/2000, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p9
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
- Palestinian civil society. Muslih, Muhammad // Middle East Journal;Spring93, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p258
Analyzes how Palestinian civil society organizations interact with each other and the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) apparatus in Israeli-occupied territories. Modern Palestinian history; Infrastructure of political and civic institutions in political shops, voluntary cooperatives,...
- Liberalism in a body bag: The foundering of the Middle... Foster, Charles // Contemporary Review;Jun97, Vol. 270 Issue 1577, p300
Deals with the Palestinian politics and sovereignty. Palestine's conflict with Israel concerning sovereignty; Transfer of West Bank land to Palestine control; Why the Israeli left wing become disappointed with Arafat.