Israel's deadly lightweight
- Unravelling peace pushes Netanyahu into a PR corner. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 89, p1
Examines the problems faced by Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu, in relation to the Israeli-Palestinian peace process; Negative effect of construction of Jewish housing project on formerly Arab land; Indirect use of terrorism by Palestinian Liberation Organization; Comments from Netanyahu;...
- `Shocked and surprised.' Kagan, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;10/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 235, p19
Opinion. Discusses the election of Benjamin Netanyahu as Prime Minister of Israel. Netanyahu's career before entering politics; Netanyahu's views of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat; Use of a tunnel entrance in Jerusalem by Arafat to riot in West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- How Does Netanyahu Think He Can Get Away With Bombing Iran? Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;1/19/2012, p2
The article offers a reaction to Israeli Prime Minister Benjanim Netanyahu's statement that he is willing to launch an attack on Iran.
- Netanyahu Warns: Strike on Iran Won't Necessarily Be Months Away. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;3/9/2012, p9
A blog is presented that discusses the attitude of Benjamin Netanyahu, president of Israel, towards a military attack on Iran.
- Looking back: A personal assessment of the Zionist experience. Morris, Benny // Tikkun;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p40
Reflects on the history of Zionism during the days of Benjamin Netanahu's (prime minister of Israel) government. Investigations that are carried out on the members of the Netanahu government; Reference made to leaders of the Zionism movement; Criticism of their leadership style. INSET: And...
- ISRAEL-IRAN-US. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/20/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4834, p15
The article reports on the urging by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for the U.S. and the world to impose crippling sanctions on the importation of refined petroleum by Iran to prevent the country from developing nuclear weapon.
- In the spotlight. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/10/97, Issue 10, p13
Points to the alleged political chicanery of Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu and suggests he is making further problems for himself. His approval of new houses in disputed territory.
- In the spotlight. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);04/28/97, Issue 17, p17
Presents a sense of the difficulties that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has to handled with stalled peace talks and scandal brewing.
- Benjamin Netanyahu. McGeary, Johanna // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/29/97-01/05/97, Issue 1, p60
Considers Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu and his role as prime minister. The tempestuous period which he has presided over; How his competence has been called into question; His remaining an enigma; His stand on the Oslo accord and his concern over the Arabs.
- Benjamin Netanyahu. // People;Special Issue, Vol. 35, Commemorative Issue p42
Profiles Benjamin `Bibi' Netanyahu, 41, Israel's deputy foreign minister. Netanyahu became the Chief Israeli spokesman during the Gulf War, and helped keep his countrymen calm while winning the world's respect for Israel's forbearance.