North Korea's extremity
- POLITICAL OVERVIEW. // North Korea Country Review;2007, p7
The article presents information on the government and political conditions in North Korea.
- ECONOMIC OVERVIEW. // North Korea Country Review;2007, p81
The article presents information on the economy of North Korea.
- North Korea in downward spiral, but maybe not for long. White, Michael // World Trade;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p75
Reports that the North Korean economy declined in 1995, according to the Korean Development Institute.
- You can't eat juche. Emerson, Tony; Takayama, Hideko // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/13/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5974, p51
Focuses on the growing food shortage in North Korea. Fall in grain production that caused officials from Pyongyang to seek help from other countries; Guiding principle of `juche' from which the nation was founded by the late Kim Il Sung; North Korea's approach to Japan for help; Rejection of...
- A killer winter. Emerson, Tony // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/19/95, Vol. 116 Issue 6001, p56
Reports on the economic conditions in North Korea. Call for international aid after a spate of flooding; Full access for the Red Cross; Lack of shipping service.
- An opening emerges in North Korea. // Hill;3/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p23
The article argues on the North Korea's economic strategy under the influence of information and markets, and the country's engagement on private trading to end the economic crisis.
- Economic Overview. // North Korea Country Review;2010, p94
The article provides information on the economic performance of North Korea from 2002-2009 including the country's chronic food shortage issue, military spending, and infrastructure spending.
- Famine in North Korea. Bake, Guy A. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Apr-Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p15
Examines the causes of the famine in North Korea since 1995. Lack of governmental and political support for agricultural production; Priority of North Korea for military production; Prospective solutions for the North Korean famine.
- NORTH KOREA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p12
Reports developments on economic and political issues in North Korea as of September 2002. Renewal of the commitment to engage in a talk with South Korea; Introduction of a series of economic changes; Facilitation of contacts for transports and the Kaesong industrial zone.