Scaling the Vegetarian Pyramid
- Veg Out! Rivera, Rachel // Science World;09/07/98, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p7
Presents information on the Vegetarian Diet Pyramid, designed by Cornell and Harvard University researchers. Who the pyramid was designed for; Information on the food groups found in the pyramid.
- Vegetarian cooking. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar96, Issue 154, p90
Comments on the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle with inclusions of meatless and dessert recipes. How money is saved by cutting meat from grocery bill; Combination of diet and health; Food safety.
- Where's the beef? Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;May96, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p58
Presents information on vegetable burger and its use in preference to beef. Ingredients in meatless patties; Calories and fat content in various burgers; Varieties offered in veggie burgers; Reason for skepticism by individuals who sampled vegetable burger. INSET: Meatless wonders..
- Staying stone free. O'Connor, Amy // Vegetarian Times;Sep96, Issue 229, p22
Reports on the relationship between vegetarian diet and the prevention of kidney diseases and disorders of the urinary tract. Effectivity of diets low in calcium in treating kidney stones; Effectivity of vegetarian diets in treating nephritic syndrome and benign or malignant prostatic disease.
- Review of health effects of vegetarian diets. // American Family Physician;11/1/1994, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p1335
Examines the health effects of vegetarian diets as reported in the `Western Journal of Medicine,' May 1994. Composition of a vegetarian diet; Protein intake; Consumption of high-protein plant foods; Vitamins and mineral intake; Mortality rate of vegetarians; Effect on health.
- Vegetarian diet pyramid. // Science Teacher;Mar98, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on a vegetarian diet pyramid unveiled by researchers, which is an alternative to the United States Food Guide Pyramid. Purpose of the pyramid; Health benefits of the diet indicated by the pyramid; Description of foods the pyramid emphasizes should be eaten at every meal;...
- Kooks versus cooks. Purcelli, Pat; Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p168
Reports on the interest on eating raw vegetarian food. Remarks by marketing consultant Laura Simpson and clinical dietetics program director Jo Ann Carson; Raw meals served in Asram spa in California and the Delights of the Garden restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The whole enchilada. Carroll, Mary // Vegetarian Times;May96, Issue 225, p32
Reports that Mexican cooks were offering lighter meals, which utilized foods and ingredients that are indigenous to the country. Description of low-fat alternatives to traditional Mexican cuisine; Preparation of an enchilada filling; Recipees for various vegetarian Mexican dishes. INSET:...
- Health.com. // Health (Time Inc.);Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p164
The article focuses on topics featured on the web site Health.com, including vegetarian cookery and medical tests, as well as tips on improving a couple's relationship.