More bad news for working mothers?
- The Fast and the Fabulous. // Working Mother;May2002, p32
Recommends cosmetic products for working mothers. Face spray from Classified Cosmetics; Hair spray from Salon Selectives; Moisturizer from Eucerin.
- keeping it real. Kane, Susan // Baby Talk;Oct2007, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses the author's experience of taking a spa vacation away from her work, children and husband.
- Beyond the Pill. // Working Mother;Apr2002, p18
Presents a list of contraceptive products ideal for working mothers. Comparison of side-effects with birth-control pills; Advantages of using Lunelle; Disadvantage of using NuvaRing contraceptives.
- Life and style. Dreisbach, Shaun // Working Mother;Apr98, p8
Presents several articles on issues of interest to the working mother. Best workout videos; Ways to alleviate Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), a term for temporary unpleasant symptoms in people who use a computer for more than three hours a day; Findings of a study by the University of Iowa,...
- GETTING BACK ON THE WAGON. Owens, Jennifer // Working Mother;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses articles within the issue on stress management for working mothers.
- Ladies, you can have it all! Boubion, Michelle Basta // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p108
Offers advice for a the scheduling of workouts for the career mother. Chart on workout schedule; Aerobic conditioning; Hitting weights as tension reliever; List of things to do when unable to go to the gym. INSET: Pumping from the inside out..
- BUY ME THAT, MOMMY! // Working Mother;Mar2003, p43
Presents several views of working mothers on money, toys and values with regards to children's needs and wants. Correlation of happiness with providing material things to children; Pressure felt by mothers in giving the children everything they want; Importance of health and togetherness in the...
- Cold comfort for working moms. Douglas, Janet // U.S. News & World Report;08/04/97, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p8
Reports the results of a study that found that working women with children had consistently higher levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, than fellow working women without children. The publishing of the study in the July 1997 issue of `Psychosomatic Medicine'; The risks associated with the...
- Working moms have unhealthier kids. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Nov2009, p6
The article reports on the study conducted on the link between the health of schoolchildren and full-time working mothers in Great Britain. It states that the study is part of the Millennium Cohort Study that explores the rise in childhood obesity and policies that encourage women to work. It...