`Cadbury II' begins work
- Corporate governance update. Bendall, Jeremy; Shaw, Tim // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p10
Reports an update on corporate governance in New Zealand. Importance of corporate governance; Comments on the United Kingdom Cadbury and Greenbury codes; Principles of corporate governance; Significance of accountability; Summary of the key proposals; Roles of directors; Remuneration of directors.
- Corporate governance code published. Mitchell, Ian // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p88
Presents information the Hampel report on corporate governance which was published in the United Kingdom. Reference to the Companies Act of 1948; Indication that Sir Ron Hampel proposed the report; Failures in the report which were highlighted by the Association of Chartered Certified...
- Corporate governance. Bosch, Henry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p21
Presents an overview of the position of corporate governance world-wide. Reference to the publication of the `Hampel report' on corporate governance in the United Kingdom; Impact of the `Cadbury report' on several companies in Britain; Views of the author.
- CEOs divided on prioritising shareholders. // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p16
Discusses about the European debate concerning corporate governance. Comments of various executives regarding corporate governance; Significance of profitability on companies' success.
- Hampel blasted for failing to tackle old-boy culture. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
Presents criticisms of the final report of the Hampel committee on corporate governance in Great Britain. Disappointment on the problem of appointing of non-executive directors; Issues concerning training; Need for a reform of directors' duties.
- Rainbow coalition. Jackson, Peter; Boisclair, Jean-Pierre // CA Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p34
Discusses two separate frameworks that provide perspectives on governance and accountability for public and private organizations. Inseparability of the issues of control and information; Assessment of the effectiveness of an organization's systems of control; Enhancement of the ability to...
- Spoken & written. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p30
Presents excerpts of several articles and speeches related to corporate governance in the United States.
- In review. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 76, p26
Reports on actions, regulations and surveys related to corporate governance in the United States. Includes dangers facing defendants of personal injury trials; Preparation of employees for court testimony; Relevance of Americans with Disabilities Act-related litigation to human resource managers.
- Spoken & written. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 76, p30
Presents excerpts of articles and speeches related to corporate governance in the United States. Includes New York state comptroller's view about the announcement of the decision to withhold shareholder votes through the press; Federal Reserve Board former chairman's statement on consumption...
- 20 questions for the board and CEO. Perkins, Donald S. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p6
Looks at the importance of strength in corporate governance in business in the 1990s. External factors challenging corporations in the 1990s; Evolution of governance issues into political ones; Need to improve chief executive officer/board relations; Questions concerning the independence of a...