The World Wildlife Foundation has issued its own top 10
- A gentle shark basks in obscurity. Logan, Jenny // Earth Island Journal;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the Pelagic Shark Research Foundation's (PSRF) effort to change the public's attitude toward sharks and protect them from the threat of extinction. Efforts to control the slaughter and harassment of basking shark by the commercial and sport-fishing industry; Use of a tag-and-release...
- LINKING ALL NATURAL CHOCOLATE TO SURVIVAL OF ENDANGERED SPECIES. // In Business;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
Reports the donation of ten percent annual profits by the Endangered Species Chocolate Co. to agencies supporting the protection of endangered species in Talent, Oregon. List of agencies receiving the donation; Design of chocolate bars based from animal forms; Cost of gift pack.
- ANIMALS & WILDLIFE. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Jan2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p2
The article informs that William and Charlotte Parks Foundation for Animal Welfare supports animal protection organizations as well as funding individual scholars who are pursuing courses of study that might advance the trust founders' goals. Doctoral or post-doctoral candidates may receive...
- Ecological Conservation. // Travel & Leisure;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p142
Reports on the endeavor of the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation, an organization recognized for working to conserve and enhance a threatened environment, in Mauritius. Effort made by the foundation for the to preserve the wildlife in the area; Tourist attractions in Mauritius as a result of the...
- Bizarre Bazaar. // South Asian Post;8/19/2010, p3
The article offers news briefs in South Asia. In Bhopal, India, a police bus that transport prisoners injured plenty people and crushed seven people to death when it ran over them as it hit a minibus. In Kathmandu, Nepal, zoo management opened a new honeymoon suit hoping to breed endangered pair...
- Born to run. Scott-Moncrieff, Chloë // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p57
Provides information on the 21st anniversary of the Zoo Check foundation in April 2005. Founders of the charity; Budget of the foundation; Efforts of the organization to conserve critically endangered species; Background of the establishment of the foundation.
- ChloÃ« Scott-Moncrieff in conversation with... Clunes, Martin // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p114
Interviews British actor Martin Clunes regarding wildlife conservation. Interest of the actor in protecting animals; Reflections from his working experience in a wildlife charity; Favorite species.
- Saving Odd Species. // National Geographic;Aug2007, Vol. 212 Issue 2, preceding p32
The article reports on efforts by the Zoological Society of London to identify and protect unique animal species that are threatened. Their program is called EDGE, which stands for Evolutionary Distinct and Globally Endangered. They hope to raise funds to implement conservation of the top 100...
- coolest pet on the block. Mackey, Kye // Australian Table;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p136
The article reports that the World Wildlife Foundation runs an adoption program featuring more than 10 animals. Among the animals featured include Wilbur the Whale Shark, Patricia the Platypus and Malu Pothi the Bengal Tiger. Adoption packs cost $50 and include an adoption certificate, a fact...