Rewards over the long haul
- A Healthy Change. Ripperger, Jerry L. // Best's Review;Dec2006, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p90
The article discusses ways on how to succsess in consumer-driven health plans. It is stated that the consumer-driven health care plans empowered individuals and made accountable for their actions. Three transformations were suggested including entitlement to engagement, well-designed health...
- HCSC Turns to IT Framework to Improve Outcomes and Reduce Costs. Gerardi, William // Imaging Economics;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
An interview with Chicago Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC) clinical advisor, William Gerardi, MD is presented. When asked about the Blue Care Connection, he refers to the integration of precertification process, prenotification, utilization management, case management and disease management. He...
- STUDY: HMO PATIENTS' HEALTH MAY SUFFER. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/96, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p68
Reports on a survey showing the decline of health of patients under health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in United States. Negative feedbacks from the customers.
- Most HMO enrollees happy with plans. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p71
Elaborates on the finding that 60 percent of health maintenance organization (HMO) members in the United States are highly satisfied with their health plans. Higher satisfaction with the clinical care portion of the plans.
- Poll of doctors shows continuing love-hate relationship with HMOS. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;09/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p22
Reports on news developments related to health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in Las Vegas, Nevada as of September 16, 1996. Includes ambivalence of physicians to HMOs; Las Vegas office opened by Columbia Sunrise Senior Friends; Joint venture agreement of Harvard Scientific Corp. with...
- Health care fact. // AHA News;6/19/95, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p2
Presents a graph of health maintenance organizations' enrollment from 1986 to 1994 in the United States. Increase in enrollment.
- Health care fact. // AHA News;9/4/95, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Presents a graph showing the number of patients receiving their care from health maintenance organizations (HMO) between 1976 to 1995.
- Breast cancer treatment choice and mastectomy length of stay: A comparison of HMO and other... Hadley, Jack; Mitchell, Jean M. // Inquiry (00469580);Winter97/98, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p288
Investigates whether enrollment in a health maintenance organization (HMO) affects nonelderly breast cancer patients treatment choice. Comparison of health maintenance organization and other privately insured women; Details on the characteristics of women covered by HMOs and other private...
- Cancer stage at diagnosis for Medicare HMO and fee-for-service patients. Riley, Gerald F. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;12/21/94, Vol. 86 Issue 24, p1821
Presents information on cancer stage at diagnosis for Medicare health maintenance organizations (HMO) and fee-for-service patients in the United States. Source of data; Categories; Age range.