- For the Record. // Home Textiles Today;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p2
A correction to the article "Global Business" that was published in the January 30, 2006 issue is presented.
- The twilight zone (continued). McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p8
Comments on the impact of market globalization on international telecommunication companies. Issues on merger structures in the industry that companies should address to improve competitiveness in the global market; Strategies recommended to concentrate on the profitable parts of the industry.
- Ocean Shipping and Global Marketing: Trends and Implications. Williams, E. Cameron // American Business Review;Jun90, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p30
BEGINNING ABOUT THIRTY YEARS AGO, and accelerating during the past decade, a technological and service revolution has been sweeping the ocean shipping industry. Not since the transition from sail to steam has the carriage of goods by sea experienced such profound and fundamental changes. These...
- Getting along long distance: understanding conflict in a multinational team through network analysis. Joshi, Aparna; Labianca, Giuseppe; Caligiuri, Paula M. // Journal of World Business;Winter2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p277
Focuses on a study that examined a geographically distributed team functioning across six countries within one multinational company. Conflict within geographically distributed teams; Details of the study; Use of network information to improve geographically distributed team functioning.
- Offshore knowledge incubation: the "third path" for embedding R&D labs in foreign systems of innovation. Lehrer, Mark; Asakawa, Kazuhiro // Journal of World Business;Winter2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p297
Focuses on offshore research and development units whose first strategic objectives is to build ties with their host research environment. Discussion of a framework for knowledge incubation; Multinational company embeddedness in European national systems on innovation; Research methodology.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADEMARKING. Newman, Cathy // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p23
Focuses on the challenges facing international companies involved in trademark registration. Launch of a European Trademark Register; Brandnaming Co.'s launch of a service called BrandCover; Features of the service.
- HOW HAVE MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS FARED IN RUSSIA SINCE FINANCIAL TURBULENCE (AUGUST 1998)? Sharma, Avraham // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jan-Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p81
Presents several case studies on the impact of the August 1998 financial turbulence on multinational corporations in Russia. Amount invested by Gillette to construct a factory; Company history of General Motors and BMW; Marketing strategies of Gillette.
- Laws inhibit African expansion. Du Plessis, Bernard // Finance Week;1/31/2003, p40
Focuses on the impact of tax legislation on the macro and regional economic initiatives of the multinational companies in South Africa. Discouragement of repatriation of foreign funds; Taxation of dividend from a non-designated country; Disparity between the policy and legislation.
- Globalization is not just for the big guys. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on a speech made by Joseph W. Duncan, chief economic advisor to the Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, on the ways in which the information revolution has created globalization opportunities for small and medium-sized companies. Percentage of small and medium-sized American companies that...