The new paradigm of trust
- Suggestions for working with fat children in the schools. Loewy, Michael I. // Professional School Counseling;Apr98, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p18
Addresses issues pertaining the social and emotional experiences of fat children in the United States. Impact of prejudice on self-esteem; Efforts of parents to encourage their children to lose weight as a result of erroneous perceptions; Comments on failure of weight loss programs; Suggestions...
- Pima kids activity low. // Obesity & Health;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p106
Discusses a study that compared activity levels between 43 Pima Indian children and 42 Caucasian children. Evidence that lack of activity may be a critical factor in the high obesity rates found in this Arizona tribe; Details.
- Combating childhood obesity. Olson, DiAnne // Obesity & Health;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p112
Comments on the views of Laurel Mellin regarding the necessity of making child obesity a national priority. Mellin is founder and director of the University of California at San Francisco's Center for Child and Adolescent Obesity; Her view that obesity-related disease and its subsequent health...
- Fat of the land: Growing girth weighs down a new generation. Heath, Sally; Carey, Dorothy // Nutridate;Mar98, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
Presents the actual article which originally appeared in the January 15, 1998 issue of `The Age' about obese children in Australia. Percentage of Australian children who are overweight; Tendency of fat children to get fatter; Key factors contributing to increased obesity in children; Lifestyle;...
- Heart health. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97, Issue 98, p34
Focuses on obesity in children. Effects of obesity to physical activity and cardiovascular fitness; Tips to avoid excessive weight gain in children.
- Ignore kids now, they'll be fat later. Verespej, Michael A. // Industry Week/IW;12/5/94, Vol. 243 Issue 22, p19
Reports on the results of a study conducted by the Copenhagen Health Services in Denmark on the relationships between parent supervision and obesity in children. Number of children in study; Ages; Neglect as one of the leading causes.
- Ever expanding. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May96, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on fat children in the United States. Statistical information from the National Center for Health Statistics on fat children; Solution to get children smaller.
- Overweight kids take control. // Current Health 1;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on obesity in children in the United States. Estimated number of American children who are obese according to the National Center for Health Statistics; Information on obesity; Why some people become obese; How obesity can be controlled. INSET: Eat right and get movin'.
- The 1995 NIH conference on children. Ikeda, Joane P.; Sigman-Grant, Madeleine // Healthy Weight Journal;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p104
Editorial. Comments on the National Institute of Health's Workshop on Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity: Research Directions. Recognition of the public and private sectors of a multi-dimensional approach to prevention of childhood obesity; Disappointments of the author; Need for...
- Children's obesity rates rise. // Healthy Weight Journal;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p105
Reports on a study from the 1995 issue of the `Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine' periodical concerning the rise in obesity rates in children. Prevalence of overweight in children as defined by the body mass index; Warning by federal researchers that low calorie diets may interfere...