- The Gentlemen. Pageot, Harley R. // Broken Pencil;2012, Issue 54, p38
A review of issue one of the comic book "The Gentleman," by S. J. Romm and Kristi McConnell, is presented.
- Pirates Ahoy! Gray, Justin // Jack & Jill;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p2
The comic strip "Pirates Ahoy!," by Justin Gray is presented.
- Pirates today. Langley, Andrew // Pirates;2003, p44
The article provides information on modern pirates. Modern pirates operate mostly in the Caribbean and the Far East. In 1992, there were more than 90 attacks on ships in the Straits of Malacca. Modern pirates use weapons such as machine guns, automatic rifles and speedboats. People are still...
- Hunting for blackbeard. Allein, Laura // Scholastic SuperScience;Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Discloses facts about the shipwrecked pirate ship, Queen's Anne Revenge, believed to contain treasures looted by the pirate Blackbeard. Discovery of flakes of gold scattered at the wreck site; Date of the ship's sinking; Number of cannons carried by the ship; Length of the ship; Other proofs of...
- "Jolly Roger". REPP, THOMAS ARTHUR // American Road;Spring2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p4
The section introduces several articles within the issue of "American Road," including an exploration of the Outer Banks of North Carolina, a treasure trove of 28 pirate-related sites from Nova Scotia to Florida, and a visit to the St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum.
- BETWEEN GOTHAM AND METROPOLIS: IMAGE OF NEW YORK IN SUPERHERO COMIC BOOKS OF 1938-1945. Georgievna, Dmitrieva Daria // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2013, Issue 8, p1
The article deals with the key for the genre of superhero comics topoi - Metropolis and Gotham City. The author retraces the process of introduction of the cities' names into the fictional reality of the comic books on the stage of the genre establishing. The centerpiece of the article is a...
- Louise Brooks: Detective. // Publishers Weekly;6/1/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 22, p49
No abstract available.
- Underworld: From Hoboken to Hollywood. Olson, Ray // Booklist;4/15/2016, Vol. 112 Issue 16, p41
A review of the graphic novel "Underworld: From Hoboken to Hollywood" by Kaz is presented.
- Nestor's Dock FOOL'S GOLD. LaBaff, Tom // Ask;Apr2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p4
Presents the comic strip "Nestor's Dock Fool's Gold," by Tom LaBaff, about a treasure hunt.