Impact of image quality, radiologists, lung segments, and Gunnar eyewear on detectability of lung nodules in chest CT
- Computerized Tomography of Thoracic Pathologies in the Pediatric Age Group: Pictorial Essay. Solmaz-Tuncer, Aysegul; Gurel, Safiye; Gurel, Kamil; Ozbag, Ahmet; Pamukcu, Ayten; Cosgun, Zeliha // Acta Informatica Medica;2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p277
Aim of the study. The purpose of this study is to illustrate the imaging findings of the lung parenchyma and the thoracic wall pathologies in pediatric age group using Standard (CT) and High-Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT). Results and discussion. We discuss and illustrate the following:...
- Third accessory (supernumerary) intrathoracic right rib. Apaydin, Melda; Sarsilmaz, Aysegul; Varer, Makbule // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p641
Intrathoracic ribs are very rare congenital anomaly. We report a case of a third accessory intrathoracic rib located anterior to the normally developed right third rib in a 37-year-old man. Chest X-ray was not diagnostic. Multidetector computed tomography with 3D reconstructions was required for...
- Vanishing lung mass in a patient with asthma. Madan, Karan; Guleria, Randeep // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, pE45
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) is a common but frequently misdiagnosed clinical condition. It is usually diagnosed in patients with a long standing history of asthma. Patients with ABPA can have diverse radiological manifestations. Very rarely, lung masses have been reported. We...
- Aneurismas da artÃ©ria pulmonar na doenÃ§a de BehÃ§et: relato de caso. de Lima Bastos, Andréa; de Brito, Isabela Lage Alves // Radiologia Brasileira;nov/dez2011, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p396
BehÃ§et's disease is an inflammatory disease that may involve the chest, manifesting itself by the presence of pulmonary artery aneurysms. The authors report a case of BehÃ§et's disease where findings at chest radiography and computed tomography have suggested the possibility of the diagnosis.
- Development of New Cardiac Deformity Indexes for Pectus Excavatum on Computed Tomography: Feasibility for Pre- and Post-Operative Evaluation. Miyoung Kim; Ki Yeol Lee; Hyung Joo Park; Hee-Young Kim; Eun-Young Kang; Yu Whan Oh; Bo Kyung Seo; Bo Kyung Je; Eun Jung Choi // Yonsei Medical Journal;6/30/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p385
Purpose: The aim of this study was to evaluate new cardiac deformity indexes (CDIs) for diagnosis of pectus excavatum as well as morphological assessment of heart on computed tomography (CT). Materials and Methods: We retrospectively evaluated the CT images of the control group (n=200), and the...
- SELF ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS: Multiple small opacities of metallic density in the lung. Chaudhry, D.; Jagdish; Garg, M.; Aggarwal, A.; Tandon, S. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 77 Issue 914, p789
The article studies a case of multiple small opacities of metallic density in the lung. A 24-year-old young man presented with sudden onset of chest pain, dry cough, and shortness of breath of five days' duration. He denied trauma, fever, chills, or haemoptysis. A physical examination was...
- Spectacle sign. Sureka, Binit; Mittal, Mahesh Kumar; Mittal, Aliza; Thukral, Brij Bhushan // Lung India;
A letter to the editor is presented about the importance of spectacle sign while interpreting chest X-ray.
- On the edge of the film... Williams, Helen // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Education & Practice Edition;Feb2014, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p15
A quiz about chest radiograph is presented.
- Optimising the Use of Computed Radiography in Pediatric Chest Imaging. Sanchez Jacob, R.; Vano-Galvan, E.; Vano, E.; Gomez Ruiz, N.; Fernandez Soto, J.; Martinez Barrio, D.; Prieto, C. // Journal of Digital Imaging;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p104
The objective of this study was to analyze image quality of chest examinations in pediatric patients using computed radiography (CR) obtained with a wide range of doses to suggest the appropriate parameters for optimal image quality. A sample of 240 chest images in four age ranges was randomly...