Advancing HIV Prevention: New Strategies for a Changing Epidemic - United States, 2003
- Introduction. Kloos, Helmut; Pankhurst, Alula // Northeast African Studies;2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Introduces several articles on the prevention of HIV and AIDS.
- A clinical opportunity for routine HIV testing. Long, Richard; Langlois-Klassen, Deanne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/16/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 7, p587
A letter to the editor in response to the article ""Seek and Treat to Optimize HIV and AIDS Prevention" by R. Gustafson, J. Montaner, B. Sibbald that was published in previous issue of the periodical is presented.
- India gets money to fight AIDS. Imam, Zaka // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/2/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6835, p1135
Reports the amount of money India gets from the World Bank to supplement national AIDS control programme. Release of results from nationwide surveillance programme fro people infected with HIV; Causes in the spreading of HIV; Proportion of the prostitutes infected with virus.
- Reconsidering Cryptococcal Antigen Screening in the U.S. Among Persons With CD4 <100Â cells/mcL. Rajasingham, Radha; Boulware, David R. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Dec2012, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p1742
The article focuses on the prevention strategies which can be employed for resisting the change of HIV cases in AIDS. It informs that Cryptococcal meningitis is an opportunistic infection that causes 20 percent 25 percent AIDS related mortality in Africa. It also discusses the use of...
- Survival in Women Exposed to Single-Dose Nevirapine for Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV: A Stochastic Model. Westreich, Daniel; Eron, Joseph; Behets, Frieda; van der Horst, Charles; Van Rie, Annelies // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/15/2007, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p837
Background. Single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP)-based regimens reduce mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) but result in resistance to NVP and may reduce the ability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) used for prevention of MTCT (PMTCT). The impact...
- Microbicide researchers are focusing on adherence strategies as setbacks mount. // AIDS Alert;Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p97
The article reports that researchers are learning their lessons as they face microbicide research for HIV prevention challenges.
- Coalition announces program to fight ADS. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/2/2009, Issue 1123, p22
The article reports that Global Business Coalition will support prevention of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) through campaigns promoting AIDS prevention and treatment in Washington D.C.
- How funding structures for HIV/AIDS research shape outputs and utilization: a Swiss case study. Frey, Kathrin; Kübler, Daniel // Journal of the International AIDS Society;2011 Supplement 2, Vol. 14 Issue Supp 2, p1
Background Research policy in the field of HIV has changed substantially in recent decades in Switzerland. Until 2004, social science research on HIV/AIDS was funded by specialized funding agencies. After 2004, funding of such research was "normalized" and integrated into the Swiss National...
- HIV Prevalence: A Comparison between Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Aggarwala, B. D. // Engineering Letters;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p289
We apply the technique of Expectation Maximization (EM) to estimate the HIV prevalence in the three countries in North America namely, U.S.A., Canada and Mexico. We conclude that if we can estimate the recent HIV incidence in a country, then HIV prevalence can be rather accurately estimated. Our...