CUNA Presses For Limited Exemption on Dividends
- YESTERDAY. Kirkpatrick, Gabriel // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p58
Recalls various events that occurred in credit unions in the United States between January 1927 to January 1992. Action taken by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) to remove the section eliminating tax-exemption in the Revenue Act of 1951; Celebration of Credit Union Day in 1927;...
- Letters To Hill, FDIC Defend CU Tax Status. // Credit Union Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the defense of the Credit Union National Administration to the credit union tax exemption in Washington. Justification of the federal tax exemption; Assessment of the not-for-profit focus of credit unions; Reduction of the capital requirements.
- Cheney Outlines CUNA's Goals For 2013. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;1/14/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the expections of Bill Cheney, the president of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) from credit unions in the U.S. in 2013. He states that CUs will be able to make more profits than banks in this financial year. Though, they will have to keep several things in...
- NCUA Is Not Seeking CRA-Like Requirements. // Credit Union Journal;3/20/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the efforts of National Credit Union Association Inc. to maintain tax exemption within credit unions in the U.S.
- Safeguarding CU Tax Exemption a Priority. // Credit Union Newswatch;4/25/2011, p2
The article focuses on the priority and commitment of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) on safeguarding the credit union (CU) tax exemption for better financial services.
- 130,000-Plus Shout 'Don't Tax My CU'. // Credit Union Newswatch;6/24/2013, p2
The article focuses on efforts put in by Credit Union National Association (CUNA) to maintain their tax exemption status despite changes being proposed by the U.S. Senate Joint Committee on taxation.
- Matz Stresses Service To Defend CU Tax Exemption. // Credit Union Journal;4/19/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the statement issued by National Credit Union Association board member Debbie Matz about the tax exemption of credit unions in Washington D.C. Need to develop innovative programs and outreach efforts to serve people from all walks of life; Opportunity of credit unions in the city to...
- Why The Threat To Credit Unions Includes 'Blank Sheet Of Paper'. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;7/8/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that Credit Union National Association (CUNA) President Bill Cheney calling to preserve the credit union tax exemption in the U.S.
- Cheney Outlines Challenges anti Reasons for Optimism. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2014, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p13
The article reports that Bill Cheney, the chief executive officer (CEO) of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) focuses on issues regarding data breaches, tax exemption and regulatory burdens in the U.S. during the CUNA's Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.