RAP celebrates literacy
- Long-term effects of preschool teachers' book readings on low-income vocabulary and story... Dickinson, David K.; Smith, Miriam W. // Reading Research Quarterly;Apr-Jun94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p104
Presents the results of a study by the Home-School Study of Language and Literacy Development on the language and literacy development of 84 children from low-income homes. Aspects of children's print-specific knowledge; Relation of book reading on children's literacy-related skills; Patterns...
- The experience of the Elimu Association of Zaire. Bakumba, Nteba; Gege, Katana Bukuru // Convergence;1991, Vol. 24 Issue 1/2, p25
Reports on the experience of the Elimu Association in Zaire in promoting adult literacy. Background information on the educational conditions in Zaire; Objectives of the association; Target groups; Methods and teaching styles used by the association.
- IRA launches Literacy Study Groups. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the program called IRA Literacy Study Groups launched by the International Reading Association. Aim of the program; Benefits of IRA Literacy Study Groups' affordable themed modules; Availability of the IRA Literacy Study Groups vocabulary module.
- IRA issues call for NCATE reviewers. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
Talks about the need of the International Reading Association for literacy professionals dedicated to teacher preparation.
- Literacy Partners of NYC raises the mark. Frazier, Craig D. // New York Amsterdam News;07/01/99, Vol. 90 Issue 27, p18
Features the Literacy Partners of New York City, an organization which provides basic instruction to adults. Projects.
- Promoting literacy in a vast land: IRA activities in Canada. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov1989, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p30
The article presents an introduction to articles regarding the activities of the councils and associations of Canada in promoting literacy as of October 1989.
- International action: The 'I' in IRA is important! Farstrup, Alan E. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Comments on the commitment of the International Reading Association (IRA) in improving reading literacy. International congress of IRA; Community of reading professionals around the world; Celebration of the Literacy Day.
- Breaking out of the Ghetto. L'Homme, Cristina // UNESCO Sources;Oct98, Issue 105, p20
Focuses on a non-formal project aimed at increasing literacy of marginalized mothers and children in Uruguay. Brainchild of the Institute for People's Education; Recipient of the Noma Literacy Prize from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. INSET: Several...
- Third Sector. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/22/2001, Issue 322724, p6
Features the Literacy Interactive Foothill Team, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting literacy for foothill residents in Fresno, California. Literacy programs; Sponsors; Contact information.