- Republicans writing the eulogy of Medicare. Velazquez, Nydia // New York Amsterdam News;8/5/95, Vol. 86 Issue 31, p13
Opinion. Criticizes the Republican government's decision to reduce Medicare health care program and increase taxes for the American senior citizens. Note on Medicare reductions.
- Tax advice is crucial when considering divorce. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p61
Presents advisories on taxation and medicare benefits in the United States. Need to consider tax advice during divorce discussion; Coverage of Medicare benefit; Provisions of the medigap policy.
- Inbox. Muir, Lisa; Petty, Wyatt; Davids, Bruce; Thatch, Dorothy; Alba, Nelson; Doster, Lisa; Newman, James L.; Bowler, Glen; Tuck, Harvey R.; Holt, Richard; Smith, Ralph; Lorenzoni, Larry N. // Time;5/9/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 18, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the May 2, 2011 issue, including the Time 100 list, "The Market Can't Cure Medicare" by Bill Saporito, and "The Gang of Six Ain't Talking" by Joe Klein.
- Are we heading for Taxmageddon? VOGEL, JOHN // Wallaces Farmer;Nov2012, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p68
The author discusses the income tax rate for the year 2013 following the expiration of the Bush tax-cut and the 3.8 percent Medicare surtax in the U.S.
- TAX CALENDAR: February 2014. // Federal Tax Course Letter;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p14
A U.S. tax calendar for February 2014 is presented focusing on the due dates for paying different taxes, including nonpayroll taxes, medicare taxes, and wagering tax.
- Could 'Taxmageddon' be coming this year? VOGEL, JOHN // Farmer-Stockman;Dec2012, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p48
The article discusses the combined impact of the 3.8% Medicare surtax implementation and expiration of Bush tax in 2013 in the U.S. tax rates.
- The House was to start debate. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;5/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 121, p2
Reports on the plans of the Republicans and conservative Democrats to balance the budget. Policies of the two groups regarding Medicare and taxation.
- Tax cuts, yes--in 1999. // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/98, Vol. 90 Issue 213, p20
Editorial. Argues that the United States Congress should pass legislation which covers tax reform, Medicare and Social Security instead of just passing tax cuts because of the budget surplus in 1998. Why the budget surplus should be applied to helping keep Social Security solvent; Why tax...
- Inbox. Muir, Lisa; Petty, Wyatt; Bullock, David; Thatch, Dorothy; Porcelli, Gianfranco; Alba, Nelson; Holt, Richard; Bowler, Glen; Mui, Alvin // Time International (Asia Edition);5/23/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 21, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the Time 100 List in the May 2, 2011 issue, "The Gang of Six Ain't Talking" in the May 2, 2011 issue and "The Market Can't Cure Medicare" in the May 2, 2011 issue.