Information literacy: A position paper on information problem solving
- ICONnect. // Emergency Librarian;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p65
Reports on the availability of ICONnect, a technology initiative of the American Association of School Librarians. Design of ICONnect; Contact information.
- The association's associations: AASL sets the pace in school libraries. Hofmann, Steven // American Libraries;Jan98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p9
Highlights the activities of the American Association of School Librarians. The creation of student-centered programs; The establishment of guidelines and standards; The ICONnect program to library media specialists, teachers, parents, and students connected to learning using the Internet; The...
- IASL update. // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p65
Reports on developments concerning the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL) as of October 1996. Includes the presentation of the Jean E. Lowrie Leadership Development Grant to Daisy Lake; Presentation of the IASL/Softlink 25th Anniversary Award to researchers Lyn Hay and...
- American Association of School Librarians. // American Libraries;1997-1998, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the American Association of School Librarians as of December 1997. Board of directors; Executive committee; Publications; Committees; Interest group; Representatives; Sections; Affiliate assembly.
- The International Association of School Librarianship (IASL). // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p32
Profiles the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), an organization that focuses on worldwide promotion of school libraries. Nature and impact of IASL; Details on membership.
- Position statement offered on value of library media program. // American Libraries;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p671
Announces that a position statement on the value of school library media programs in education is available from the American Libraries Association's (ALA) American Association of School Librarians (AASL). Details of the statement that was approved by the AASL board of directors; Contact point.
- Reading initiative sets lofty goal: One billion books. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the goal set by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) `Count on Reading' project. Promotion of reading and libraries as the purpose of the project; Need of the involvement of teachers; Provision of funding for the project; Participation for the `Count on Reading' campaign.
- Sneak preview: AASL in Portland. Olson, Renee; Glick, Andrea // School Library Journal;Mar97, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p92
Discusses the eight national conference of American Association of School Librarians (AASL) in Portland, Orlando. Participants in the conference; Snapshots of several programs; How Gail Junion-Metz, columnist talks about the software filters for the Net; Survey on medial specialists in Kentucky...
- AASL's news standards due this fall. // School Library Journal;Apr97, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p29
Discusses the projects of American Association of School Librarians (AASL). Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning, a joint project of AASL and the Association for Educational Communications and Technology; School Library Media; Identifying successful teaching practices.