- Another senseless gun death. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;09/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 27, p5
Comments on a proposal to make possession of any firearm a felony in the United States. Case of a man who saved both his life and his business from criminals; Examples of senseless gun deaths; Plan to cook up a lawsuit against the private seller of a gun.
- Money for guns: Evaluation of the Seattle gun buy-back program. Callahan, Charles M.; Rivara, Frederick P. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p472
Evaluates a gun buy-back program in Seattle, Washington. Statistics on the types of firearms relinquished; Firearm-related crimes, injuries, and deaths; Mean number of firearm events per month before and after the Seattle gun buy-back program.
- Can Cities Sue Gun Makers? Anders, Kelly // State Legislatures;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the litigation of gun manufacturers by cities in the United States. Claims on safety hazard and violence; Remarks from gun manufacturers; Status of legislators on gun manufacturing.
- Taking aim on gun manufacturers. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;6/20/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the plan of the Law School Coalition to Combat Gun Violence to file product liability lawsuits against gun manufacturers and distributors in behalf of gun victims. Allegation of sale of unreasonable dangerous products; Failure of similar legal action in the past; Restriction of sale...
- Gun control advocates lie to further their twisted ideals. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/05/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p30
Comments on the relationship between gun control and the incidence of violent crimes in the United States. Assessment of the net effect of gun control; Pitfalls in gun control advocates' theories; Assumptions of gun control.
- How to keep firearms out of children's hands. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/98, Vol. 90 Issue 90, p3
Focuses on proposed new measures by lawmakers to keep firearms out of the hands of children. America's 200 million privately owned firearms; The debate heightened by the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootings; Parents questioning how to safeguard children in a nation where guns are present in an...
- Hold your fire. Kopel, David B. // Policy Review;Winter93, Issue 63, p58
Focuses on the debate over gun control aimed at fighting crime and violence in the United States. Argument by critics of gun control that it violates the right to keep and bear arms guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the US Constitution; Role of former President Jimmy Carter in changing the...
- Gun control flops as crime deterrent. Caldwell, Robert J. // Human Events;1/28/94, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p17
Discusses the ineffectivity of gun control as a deterrent to violent crimes. Emergence of stricter gun controls as part of the national strategy to attack violent crime; Brady bill's requirement of five working days for handgun purchases; Increase in California's homicide rate after extension...
- Wretchedness Is a Warm Gun. Lueders, Bill // Progressive;Nov84, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p50
Comments on the ease of purchasing a gun in the U.S. underground market. Types and models of guns available; Statistics on gun-related violence; Gun control laws.