- Global pollution. Dasset, Benoit; Zetterlund, Mattias; Broomfield, Aaron // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);01/12/98, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p10
Presents reader responses to a December 8, 1997 story in same magazine on global warming.
- Cascades Meltdown. // Backpacker;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses the effects of global warming on North America's wilderness.
- Bye-bye, Boundary Waters. Axelson, Gustave // Backpacker;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the effects of global warming on Minnesota's North Woods.
- Why global warming is hot issue for Illinois pols. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p11
Opinion. Focuses on some of the issues relating to global warming in Illinois. Impact of global warming on Illinois' economy; Possibility of a global warming treaty.
- Global warming. Scott, Geoff // Current Health 2;Jan1994, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Discusses views toward global warming. Predicted result of the greenhouse effect created by a buildup of greenhouse gases; Impacts of a widespread increase in temperature; Balancing mechanisms to prevent the effects; Evidence for a warming trend; Feedback as a key process to global climate...
- Comments on Manne and Richels: `CO2 Emission Limits: An Economic Analysis for the USA'. Hogan, William W. // Energy Journal;Apr90, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p75
Evaluates the Global 2100 model application on global warming by A.S. Manne and R.G. Richles presented in the April 1990 edition of the `Energy Journal.' Exploration of international interdependence, benefit calculations and the uncertainty on global warming; Differences in regional impacts of...
- Reviews: Wallcharts. Lake, Kate // Journal of Biological Education;Spring91, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p79
Reviews BBC Education's color poster on global warming.
- The discovery of the risk of global warming. Weart, Spencer R. // Physics Today;Jan97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p34
Looks at the impact of altered human activity on global warming. Citing of the work of Svante Arrhenius; Changing scientific opinions of global warming; Opposition to the theory by meteorologist, Stewart Callendar; Response of other meteorologists to Callendar's claims. INSETS: Svante Arrhenius...
- BIG CHANGES IN THE BERING SEA. // Science World;12/11/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the impact of global warming on the Bering Sea and the animals the live in it, including walruses and seals.