Nuclear power production costs plummet
- Nuclear energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb99, p103
Reports on trends relating to nuclear energy in the United States in November 1998. Production; Operable nuclear generating units.
- Not fade away. Ross, Priscilla // International Power Generation;May99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the uncertain outlook for worldwide nuclear power generation. Results of an analysis made by the Uranium Institute, predicting the future of nuclear power; Slow electricity demand growth in areas where nuclear power is well established; Factors that may affect the nuclear power market.
- Yucca Mountain still a sticky political subject. Muth, Chuck // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p25
The author reflects on the nuclear development project at Yucca Mountain in Nevada.
- Boomtime for Russian nuclear. Perera, Judith // International Power Generation;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p30
Discusses the Russian government's intention to meet any energy shortfall using nuclear power and plans to treble production by 2030. Potential for the growth of Russia's nuclear power industry; Cost of growth; Investment from exporting initiatives; Plans for developing floating nuclear power...
- Nuclear Power: Time to End the Experiment. Bunyard, Peter; Roche, Pete // Ecologist;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p386
Criticizes the destructive impact of nuclear power. How the nuclear industry has survived; Survival strategy of nuclear power; Discussion on nuclear smuggling.
- 1998 mw of thermal and nuclear generation capacity to come back this year. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p40
The article reports that nearly 1998 megawatts (MW) of thermal nuclear power generation capacity in India is expected to come back in 2012 while 1259 MW have either been abandoned or shut down due to the unavailability of these units.
- IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management opens in Japan. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p40
The article announces the opening of the IAEA School of Nuclear Energy Management in Japan.
- questions&answers. // Process Engineering;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to the nuclear industry in Great Britain including some of the challenges faced, role of biotechnology and the industry prospects.
- Nuclear reigns as hot commodity. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;Jun2001, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the resurgence in public and industry interest in nuclear energy in the United States. Factors that attribute to the rise in nuclear energy's commercial status; Climbing output of the nuclear energy; Safety improvements; Lower costs; Environmental concerns. INSET: PBR technology...