French parliament OKs Lyonnais bailout plan
- Credit Lyonnais seeks partners for spinoff. // American Banker;4/12/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 69, p2
Reports on Credit Lyonnais' search for investment partners for its computer service activities in Paris. Plan to sell assets over two years; Losses in 1993.
- Credit Lyonnais issues $100 million in stock. Siegel, David // American Banker;7/8/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 129, p20
Announces that Credit Lyonnais launched a $100 million issue of perpetual preferred stock in the private placement market. High dividend; Registration under Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 144a.
- Credit Lyonnais' derivatives get AAA rating. // American Banker;10/28/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 209, p24
Reports on the rating received by the derivatives program at Credit Lyonnais from Standard & Poor's Corp. Expected rating from Moody's Investors Service.
- Rumor mill. Cerio, Gregory; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;8/2/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p4
Reports that a rumor that Cargill Inc. was buying MGM and United Artists studios turned out to be false, when the French bank Credit Lyonnais, which owns MGM/UA, ponied up $400 million to restructure the studios. The $1.3 billion the bank has already invested; Michael Ovitz; Frank Mancuso.
- Credit Lyonais forecasts bright future. Michaud, Paul R. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/19/97, Vol. 212 Issue 9, p4
Reports about Credit Lyonais, an institutional lending firm in Paris that has increased its commitment to U.S. market. Its role on several industry leaders; Services provided by the company; Improvements on the services being offered; Three principal activities included on the projects of...
- Credit Lyonnais bail-out probe. Clarence, Mavis // Hollywood Reporter;4/13/95, Vol. 336 Issue 42, p3
Report on the European Commission's investigation into the legality of the French government's plan to bail out European bank Credit Lyonnais and owner of MGM. Analysis of element of state aid in rescue plan; Amount of government capital infusion given to bank in 1994; Estimates of bank's...
- Bank becomes librarian for 900 repos. // Variety;11/6/95, Vol. 361 Issue 1, p87
Reports that Credit Lyonnais is planning to open a film library company in 1996 featuring its collection of 900 repossessed titles. Films such as `Platoon' and `City Slickers'; Movies taken from failed film companies including Epic and Vision.
- Credit Lyonnais on 4-year plan. // Hollywood Reporter;4/5/95, Vol. 336 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the French government's desire to see Credit Lyonnais profitable again.
- $1.2 bil loss at CL. // Variety;3/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 8, p79
Reports on film industry banker Credit Lyonnais' reported 1993 loss of 6.9 billion francs. Warning that it will not develop new film business.