Children and obesity
- SCHOOL BRIEFS. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);3/28/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 51, p3B
The article offers news briefs related to schools in Texas including the Mighty Mel 5K which will begin at Barton Middle School, the start of the Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It! (MEND) children intervention obesity intervention program at Science Hall Elementary School, and the excellent...
- Support healthy lifestyles for Texas' youth. Bailey-Hutchison, Kay // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/9/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p6A
The article provides suggestions to promote a healthy lifestyle for the youth in Texas to avoid childhood obesity.
- Ounces of prevention that are worth pounds of cure. // Medical Update;Nov94, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on obesity in children. Importance of controlling weight in children to prevent adult obesity; Weight loss program for overweight children at the Weight Reduction Clinic of the Children's Hospital of Louisiana State University in New Orleans; Suggestions for parents of overweight children.
- Health. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Explains the suggestion that Australian parents and teachers should encourage their children to take up sporting activities in order to avoid obesity, as presented in the October 10, 1992 issue of `Mercury.' Increase in the number of obese children in the country.
- YOUR LETTERS. // Parenting Early Years;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses letters which laud the periodical's "Fit Generation" campaign, which intends to help children avoid childhood obesity.
- Advocacy Report to KAHPERD Board. Rutherford, Jack // Kentucky Newsletter for Health, Physical Education, Recreation &;Fall2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the efforts made by the Kentucky Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance to promote solutions for childhood obesity in Kentucky and also provides information on the 2010 annual report of the Southern District Advocacy Committee.
- O34 The Little Bites, Big Steps Program to Reduce Childhood Obesity. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2009 Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue S4, pS14
An abstract of the article "The Little Bites, Big Steps Program to Reduce Childhood Obesity," by Jo Ann S. Carson is presented.
- P50 Collaboration for Health, Activity and Nutrition in Children's Environments (CHANCE): Helping Low-Income Parents Prevent Childhood Overweight. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2009 Supplement, Vol. 41 Issue S4, pS36
An abstract of the article "Collaboration for Health, Activity and Nutrition in Children's Environments (CHANCE): Helping Low-Income Parents Prevent Childhood Overweight," by Megan Lent is presented.
- Editor's view. Roberts, Liz // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/18/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4280, p14
The author deplores the lack of strategy, legislation or regulation regarding the British government's programme "Healthy Lives, Healthy People," which aims to fight childhood obesity.