- Sweet Relief. Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on effect of aspartame, a sugar substitute used in diet drinks, on arthritis. Details of the study conducted by Oklahoma Medical Research; Findings on aspartame.
- Recipes for relief. Vitetta-Miller, Robin // Natural Health;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p102
Presents recipes for inflammation-fighting foods that can end arthritis pain. Savory Apple Salad with Walnuts; Cabbage Soup with Parsely Pesto; Marinated Beet Salad with Watercress and Endive; Thai Vegetable Hot Pot with Bean Thread Noodles; Potato Broth; Buckwheat Blini with Raspberry-Mango...
- Ambiguity Creeps Into Report on GAIT Study of Arthritis Supplements. // Nutrition Business Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on issues and topics related to the result of the Glucosamine/chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial funded by the National Institutes of Health in the U.S. Industry experts are becoming skeptical after reports regarding the efficacy and safety of a combined...
- Nutrition/arthritis link: So near and yet so far. Volain, Naomi // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Discusses the role of diet in developing or preventing arthritis. Lowered risk for developing osteoarthritis in the knee through weight loss; Reduction of arthritis symptoms through fish oil supplement intake; Relief from pain for vegetarians; Harm from eating alfalfa and zinc-rich food.
- Nutrients against arthritis. // Optimum Wellness;Winter97, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the value of nutritional supplements to ameliorate or halt arthritis. Niacinamide and vitamin D as nutritional supplements; Reported improvements through the supplements.
- Doctors' forum. // Health News & Review;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
Presents some of the doctors of nutritional medicine who described the ways in which they ameliorate joint pain or arthritis. Includes Dr. Melvyn R. Werbach; Dr. Majid Ali who practices preventive medicine in Denville, N.J.; Dr. Julian M. Whitaker who practices at the Whitaker Wellness...
- Nutritional Elements: Could they Play a Role in the Treatment of Arthritis? Masuko, Kayo // Current Rheumatology Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p212
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor cites the topics tackles in the articles published within the issue, discusses the clinical significance of nutritional interventions and warns rheumatologists, medical professionals and patients to be aware of the overall impact of...
- Snap, crackle, pop. Manning, Elizabeth // Overdrive;Jul2013, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p37
The article offers health suggestions for arthritis patients on controlling the disease which include regular physical activity, proper diet that contains vegetables, cereals and fruit, and eating fermented foods like yogurt.
- Attack of the killer tomatoes. Reilly, Lee // Vegetarian Times;Nov98, Issue 255, p98
Focuses on the ability of food to aggravate arthritis. Link between red meat consumption and arthritis pain; Vegetables that cause arthritis pain; Link vitamin D oversupply and arthritis.