Discounters draw customers to the `border'
- Heavy-hitter discounters stay the home course. Lazaro, Marvin // Home Textiles Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p26
Reports the sales generated by home textiles discount stores in the United States for the year 1999. Increase in the total sales of top five discounters; Percentage increase in the sales of Ames Department Stores; Details on the sales of Target Stores.
- Framing Fun Prints. // Southern Living;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p114
Presents a procedure to accessorize a room for children. Use of brightly matted framed prints to get a customized appearance; Materials and tools needed; Suggestion to locate inexpensive frames in community art shows and discount stores; Need to get frames larger than prints; Installation process.
- Home decor trend lifts crafts, but some discounters focus elsewhere. // Discount Store News;8/7/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p59
Presents a sales and marketing profile for home decoration products and ethnic culinary lines of houseware in discount stores in the United States. Full-line discount store productivity; Forecast; Trends.
- Scrubbed up nicely. Johansen-Berg, Kate // In-Store;Apr2003, p26
Focuses on the efforts of discount stores in Great Britain to present chic and updated interior designs for their stores. Designer brand-like display of merchandise; Retail environment provided by Zara; Redesign of value stores.
- 33 ways to get a great deal. BARNES, KATHY // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul2010, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p58
The article offers several tips and strategies on how to make smart buys for home decoration. To find the best price, stylist Keylee Sanders suggests using a shopping aggregator site like Flit.com. Stylist and designer Michael Walters says that the golden rule for shopping home decor at a...
- IRISCH SCHNELL. Nowicki, Jörg // Textilwirtschaft;5/16/2013, Issue 20, p64
The article presents a profile on the Irish discount clothing store Primark and discusses the company's philosophy, interior design of the clothing stores, and the relationship between pricing and product quality. Other topics mentioned in this article include business expansion, chief executive...
- The big three dominate discounting. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p27A
Focuses on the performance of discount houses in the United States in 1995. Sales; Marketing strategies; Customers; Comments from industry executives.
- Wal-Mart. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p18RSO
Features the Wal-Mart Store in City of Industry, California, winner of a special award for energy conservation in the 1996 `Chain Store Age' Retail Store of the Year competition. Development by Wal-Mart, Bentonville, Arkansas in association with Southern California Edison; Materials;...
- Canadian retailers to counter U.S. presence. Fox, Jim // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Canadian retailers stepped-up their services and lowered their prices upon the expansion of United States retailers across their country. Wal-Mart expansion; Training of employees of Canadian retail stores; Plans of Canadian retailers to combat the threat of U.S. stores.