Blues forms national network for managed-care Medicare
- Blues prepare national retiree managed care plan. Cox, Brian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the plan of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association to launch a national retiree managed care program that would help employers rein in their FAS 106 liabilities. Reduction of employees' current retiree medical expenses; Requirement for employers to include long-term liabilities of...
- Blues vote to allow switch to for-profit status. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug94, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p10
Reports that the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association voted to allow its members to become for-profit companies.
- Blue Cross refunds premiums. // Newsweek;6/3/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p55
Blue Cross-Blue Shield surprised many insured federal workers by announcing a refund in premiums. Recently-instituted health care billing and treatment practices succeeded in cutting costs, which enabled the proposed plan.
- Blues' building OK'd. Roy, Amy Krauss // Crain's Detroit Business;7/19/93, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p24
Announces the approval by Detroit's Downtown Development Authority of a project that will move employees of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan into downtown Detroit. Cost for construction of headquarters; Walk-in-customer-service center; Blues' day-care center.
- Seeking damage control. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;3/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan is focusing on damage control after it lost a federal contract and was accused of misusing Medicare money. Removal of employees; Advantages of Medicare on Blue Cross; Negotiations with the Health Care Financing Administration; Other problems;...
- Indiana, Ohio Blues plan merger. Jaklevic, Mary Chris; Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;12/5/94, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the merger of Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans in Indiana and Ohio. Benefits of the merger; Move towards the regionality of health plans; Executives of the combined company; Resistance to the merger.
- Petersen takes executive position at Blue Cross. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/8/96, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p5
Reports that Dr. S. Keith Petersen was appointed vice president at Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Effective date of position; Who he replaces.
- BLUES' HMO NETWORK GOES NATIONAL. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p17
Reports that the National Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is linking together its member health plans to offer a national network of managed care services to Medicare recipients beginning January 1, 1995. Extension of health care coverage for the elderly and disabled to multiple states.
- Blues creating clinical, pay guidelines. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the plans of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association to develop a nationwide set of standards for clinical practices and reimbursement policies. Background information; Implications; Expectations.