- Borders Nets $505M DIP. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p13
This article reports on a debtor-in-possession facility secured by book retailer Borders Group in January 2011.
- Borders Books to open store in Watertown. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the business expansion of Borders Group Inc. with the opening of a bookstore in Watertown, New York. Details of a lease signed by Borders in connection with the store opening; Mall where the store will be located; Developer of the project.
- Canada says `no' to Borders books. // Discount Store News;3/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the Canadian government's rejection of a bid by Borders Group to open book superstores in Canada.
- A page from the Borders playbook: Offer a strong mix and a soft sell. Andreoli, Teresa // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p25
Reports on Borders superstores' efforts to make itself more profitable. Strengths based on selection and service; Introduction of the `Borders Universe'; Freeze on Planet Music; Easy chairs and browser-friendly atmosphere of the supertore as big pull for the chain; Borders' interest in the...
- Building an image one store at a time. // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on Borders book store chain's corporate culture that encourages individuality. Empowerment for each store to find its own niche in the local marketplace; Expert System as the base of the book store chain's micromarketing strategy and operations; Employee selection.
- Bookseller perks with programmed bagged coffee. // Packaging Digest;Sep98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p8
Presents information on Borders Books company's `Windows98 Roast Specialty Coffee' literature. Reference to the company's compact disc of music entitled `Music to Install Windows By'; Description of the bags for the coffee.
- Birmingham borders planned. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p28
Reports on Borders Group Inc.'s plans for opening a store at Birminghan, Michigan.
- Borders hopes to return cafe into centerpiece. Uhlmann, Angel // Inside Tucson Business;02/17/97, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p19
Focuses on the business operations of Borders Books and Music Store. Location; Employee training philosophy; Installation of cafe in-store services; Menu; Diverse social activities catering to wide range of clientele.
- Crossroads confirms Borders will open. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/22/97, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p7
No abstract available.
- Not by the book. // Crain's Detroit Business;05/18/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p39
Presents information on Borders Group Incorporated, Ann Arbor's Internet bookselling site. Where the site is located; Features of the site; Comments from managing partner at the Southfield office of Santa Clara, Scott Segal.