Health care reform: Will the subject fall out of the topic?
- PARITY ON THE MARCH: Progress raises hopes, but big obstacles remain. Lechliter, John // Annals of the American Psychotherapy Association;Spring2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p20
The article presents an update on a proposed law requiring the insurance industry to achieve mental health parity in the U.S. It is inferred that even if comprehensive mental health legislation becomes law in 2007, the victory may be only one battle in an ongoing war between economics and mental...
- Universal health care: Creating a system that works for all. Mail, Pat // Nation's Health;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p3
This article reflects on the recent accomplishments of the U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) system, which is a federal-sponsored single-payer system. The VA system includes two critical components of universal health care that are often left out of our U.S. system of insurance and medical care,...
- The State of Mental Health Care Revisited. Trossman, Susan // Oklahoma Nurse;Sep-Nov2013, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p15
No abstract available.
- Mental health and the Clinton health plan--a cause for concern. // Medical Update;Jun94, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2
Cites a study by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology which found that the costs of not treating the most common psychiatric problem (depression) may far exceed those of treatment. Concern about the Bill clinton health plan.
- Mental health. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 20, p19
Provides information on mental health in the United States. Treatments in psychiatric care; American Hospital Association Issues in Mental Health Care Coverage.
- News update. // Psychotherapy Letter;Jul95, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p6
Reports on mental health developments in the United States as of July 1995. Includes the national public service campaign on depression; Challenge of addressing the mental health problems of war refugees from Bosnia-Hercegovina; Decrease in research budget on the treatment of neurological...
- Mental health deserves media attention. Cohen, Robert // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p16
Opinion. States that problems associated with mental health in the United States needs media attention. Increase of mental health among American families; Number of Americans who suffer from clinical depression; stigma associated with mental health; Reasons the media should cover mental health.
- Whoa! Be a cheerful doomsayer! Jd // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p5
Opinion. Discusses the value of bad news. Uneasiness about the future; Effects of the industrial age; Using bad news to learn and grow; Need for homesteaders to be aware of developments in the world; Facing bad news as challenges.
- Impact of mental health law weighed. // Drug Topics;10/7/96, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the impact of the mental health benefits parity law approved by President Bill Clinton. Law's requirements to insurers and self-insured employers; Health plans.