CL awaiting bailout plan; spinoff likely
- Lyonnais limps on. Frat, Irene // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p12
No abstract available.
- Bank debacle hits la mode. Deeny, Godfrey // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/27/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 81, p14
Reports on the implications of France's biggest banking scandal involving Credit Lyonnais for the fashion industry. Losses accumulated by the bank; Plans by Credit Lyonnais' Altus Finance unit to sell unprofitable French fashion and luxury businesses; Background on Credit Lyonnais' financial...
- Credit Lyonnais boosts capital base of unit. // American Banker;1/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p22
Reports on Credit Lyonnais' expansion of the capital base of its United States securities subsidiary Credit Lyonnais Securities Incorporated.
- Red ink at Credit Lyonnais. Branegan, Jay; Crumley, Burce // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/27/95, Issue 12, p44
Reports on the losses of Credit Lyonnais. Size of the debt; Problems with the relationship between the French government and its state-owned businesses; Management by Jean-Yves Haberer; Lending money to enable financier Giancarlo Parretti to buy the MGM movie studio; Bailout plan.
- Aa counterparty grade for Credit Lyonnais. // American Banker;3/6/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 43, p30
Reports on the counterparty rating assigned by Moody's to Credit Lyonnais New York's derivatives program.
- Report: CL faces $7.5 bil loan write-off. Farrell, Pia // Hollywood Reporter;1/12/95, Vol. 335 Issue 29, p22
Reports that Credit Lyonnais will need to write off several billions of dollars in bad loans in yet-to-be-released results for the second half of 1994. Sources of bad loans; Need for the French government to step in and help the bank.
- Credit Lyonnais firms plan to spin off MGM. // Hollywood Reporter;3/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 14, p6
Reports that Credit Lyonnais will spin off into a new company about $20 billion in non-core assets, such as film studio MGM Inc. and industrial and real estate shareholdings. Avoidance of further cash infusions from the French government; Acceleration of the bank's asset sales program.
- Credit Lyonnais losses for year hit $2.5 billion. Ronson, Claude // Hollywood Reporter;4/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the financial performance of France-based Credit Lyonnais Bank for the year 1994.
- Credit Lyonnais nets $7.2 mil for six months. Farrell, Pia // Hollywood Reporter;9/22/95, Vol. 339 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Credit Lyonnais for the first six months of 1995. Profits; Forecast for the end of the year.