NY state budget plan could force hospital closures
- Opposition builds to N.Y. Medicaid veto. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p80
Reports the lawsuits planned by Healthcare Association of New York and New York Governor George Pataki against the constitutionality of the provision on Medicaid financing methods in the Balanced Budget Act. Argument by critics to the financing methods.
- Pataki budget slashes state spending. Moynahan, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the release of budget cuts for the state of New York by Governor George Pataki. Freezing of funding for school projects; Proposals for cutting personal income tax rates; Economic implications of Pataki's budget policies.
- Pataki $63.8B exec. budget for FY `96-'97 notes role of... Ammerman, Laurie // Insurance Advocate;12/30/95, Vol. 106 Issue 50, p29
Reports that New York State Governor, George E. Pataki, who released his $63.8 billion Executive Budget for Fiscal Year 1996-97, revealed that the role of the life and health insurers in the health care field, are at major risks. Indication from Budget Director Patrica A. Woodworth; Forecast...
- Left back award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/20/95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p1
Criticizes New York Governor George Pataki's proposal to cut the budget of the State University of New York.
- Pataki's lesson plan: school accountability. Ryan, Desmond // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p38A
Examines proposals of Long Island governor George Pataki to improve state budget deficit for school districts in New York. Critics over the governor's proposed tax cuts; Need to implement a model that would describe and define effective financing of public education; Importance of proper school...
- Gov. Pataki's Amendments to Fiscal 2002 Budget Increase Debt Fund. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31077, p3
Reports the submission of Governor George Pataki of the amended budget proposal in New York. Increase in debt reduction reserve funds; Elimination of high cost state debt; Urge of Pataki for the Legislature to reach a consensus on a spending plan; Protection of the state against a national...
- Pataki exec. budget would add $8.5 M to support state fire prevention and control program. // Insurance Advocate;1/27/96, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p21
Reports that New York State Governor George E. Pataki has proposed 30 day amendments to his 1996-97 Executive Budget. Special revenue funds to support the state's fire prevention and control program; Increase in insurance fees.
- Budget procrastination record in jeopardy. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p43A
Comments on the delay of the legislation of the state budget for New York. Factors influencing the inability of legislators to meet the April 1 deadline; Plan of Governor George Pataki to impose new taxes; Priorities of legislators.
- 4201 proposal concerns LI schools. Martorana, Jamie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the concerns of schools in Long Island, New York over a proposal in Governor George Pataki's budget plan that would change the funding for the 4201 state-supported schools. Requirement for Long Island school districts to pick up 51 percent of the cost of educating deaf, blind and...