Imitations of life: Authenticity in classroom literacy events
- Choosing the Right Word Walls for Your Classroom. O'Kelley Wingate, Kimberly; Rutledge, Valerie C.; Johnston, Linda // YC: Young Children;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p52
The article discusses the use of word walls in early childhood classrooms to assist students with vocabulary and literacy development. Topics include the different varieties of word walls, such as the ABC word wall, ceiling word wall, and word stairs word wall, tips for developing a word wall,...
- September Supplies. Dotlich, Rebecca // Children's Playmate Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p13
Presents an activity for children which involves identification of hidden pictures.
- Pieces of Pie. // Ladybug;Nov99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, following p35
Presents an activity for children which involves division of object.
- Home Activities. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Nov/Dec99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p4
Presents three home activities for children.
- Find the Pictures. // Highlights;Nov99, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p7
Presents an activity for children which involves finding pictures.
- Earth-loving ideas. Palar, Barbara Hall // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr95, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p198
Presents various educational activity and crafts projects for children. Includes recycled-lid chimes; Design of fish bowls as globe; Picture frames and jewelry from paper; Tree planting; Composting.
- This Hollywood star shines as...a bureaucrat? Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;10/18/99, Vol. 91 Issue 225, p1
Mentions an early childhood development program launched by actor and film producer Rob Reiner in California.
- Your green pages. // Teaching Pre K-8;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p111
Presents ideas and activities for pre-kindergarten up to grade 5 students. Displaying of a story-type picture and helping the children discuss it; Displaying a picture of squirrels; Exploring with the children how parents and grandparents can help in the classroom; August/September calendar...
- You can make it! Cecchini, Marie E. // Highlights;Aug97, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p30
Provides various tips which are helpful to children. How to make a page partner; Steps in making a berry-basket frame; Making a bolo tie; More.