- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;04/16/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p7
Presents a debate on whether Congress should vote for allowing companies to drill oil at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Nation split sharply on drilling in Arctic. Dillin, John; Savides, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p3
Looks at results of a survey to determine whether Americans supported oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- LOOKING FOR OIL. Miller, Amy // Junior Scholastic;04/09/2001, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p10
Speculates on the fate of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in case of its opening to oil exploration.
- Green Opposition to Opening ANWR Simply Unfounded. Carlisle, John // Human Events;02/05/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p9
Cites the opposition of environmentalists in the United States to the proposed opening of Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil exploration. Environmental policies which affected energy consumers; Effect of the lack of refinery capacity; Concerns aired by environmentalists.
- Push to Drill in Alaska Growing. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5/6, p11
Discusses the plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for oil and gas exploration. Oil demand in the United States; Information on the National Energy Security Act of 2001; Estimated amount of technically recoverable oil within the refuge; Concerns expressed by environmental...
- Oil exploration can be a boon to Alaskans and environment. Young, Don // Christian Science Monitor;10/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 223, p18
Opinion. Discusses the plans for development of the coastal plain of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) by the Americans. Points to be considered by the US Congress while formulating the plan; Prospects of oil development in Alaska.
- Caribou culture clashes with oil age. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 252, p4
Reports the controversy on the proposed drilling of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, for oil. Battle of Alaska's Gwich'in Indians against the refuge; Opinion of Sen. Frank Murkowski of Alaska on oil development; Conflict with Republicans in Washington over the issue; Details on the matter.
- Linda Chavez. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/16/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the debate over oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Support of the Alaskans of the proposed drilling; Effort of environmentalists and Democrats to discourage oil exploration in the reserve; Preservation of Alaska's reputation as the last American frontier...
- ALASKA'S Oil War. Ebersole, Rene S. // Current Science;4/6/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p8
Solicits views related to oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Commitment of oil companies to drill the area without damaging the environment; Support of United States President George Bush for the exploration plans; Disadvantages of advanced oil drilling technology.