From HIV to Aids
- Does HIV Cause AIDS? Farber, Celia // Mothering;Sep/Oct98, Issue 90, p56
States that HIV is not the real cause of AIDS. Information on retroviruses; Possible causes of AIDS.
- CLINICAL PRESENTATION OF ONYCHOMYCOSIS IN HIV/AIDS: A REVIEW OF 280 MEXICAN CASES. Moreno-Coutiño, Gabriela; Arenas, Roberto; Reyes-Terán, Gustavo // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jan-Feb2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p120
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Clinical Presentation of Onychomycosis in HIV/AIDS: A Review of 280 Mexican Cases."
- DIAGNOSING VISCERAL LEISHMANIASIS AND HIV/AIDS CO-INFECTION: A CASE SERIES STUDY IN PERNAMBUCO, BRAZIL. De Almeida E. Cavalcanti, Aracele Tenório; Medeiros, Zulma; Lopes, Fábio; De Andrade, Luiz Dias; Ferreira, Valéria de Melo; Magalhães, Vera; Miranda-Filho, Demócrito de Barros // Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p43
HIV/AIDS-associated visceral leishmaniasis may display the characteristics of an aggressive disease or without specific symptoms at all, thus making diagnosis difficult. The present study describes the results of diagnostic tests applied to a series of suspected VL cases in HIV-infected/AIDS...
- Mystery Asian disease has Aids-like symptoms. // Filipino Post;8/30/2012, p13
The article focuses on the discovery a disease in Asia that has Aids-like symptoms by scientists at the National Institute of Health.
- Hepatitis C Virus and the Infectious Diseases Community. Holmberg, Scott D. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 55 Issue suppl_1, pS1
The article focuses on the prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in the U.S. It discusses several causes of infection which includes parenteral exposures, injection drug use and transfusions. It explores that the quality of laboratory tests in the U.S. is improving in their speed,...
- How do 'Public' Values Influence Individual Health Behaviour? An Empirical-Normative Analysis of Young Men's Discourse Regarding HIV Testing Practices. Knight, Rod; Small, Will; Shoveller, Jean // Public Health Ethics;Nov2016, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p264
Philosophical arguments stemming from the public health ethics arena suggest that public health interventions ought to be subject to normative inquiry that considers relational values, including concepts such as solidarity, reciprocity and health equity. As yet, however, the extent to which...
- Is the AIDS virus a science fiction? Duesberg, Peter H.; Ellison, Bryan J. // Policy Review;Summer90, Issue 53, p40
Explores immunosuppressive behavior as possible cause of AIDS. Earliest proposed causes of AIDS; Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) report describing unusual medical cases with confirmed immunosuppression; Cases showing similar severe immune suppression problems; Criticisms against the HIV...
- Headlines. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/31/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6861, p1046
Reports developments in medicine as of October 1992. Refusal of United States prisoner for treatment; Comparison of drugs costs in Canada and in the United States; Cause of AIDS disease; Growth of medical insurance in Great Britain.
- HEALTH. Fain, Nathan // Advocate;7/21/83, Issue 372, p20
Reports on a theory proposed by a female researcher Jane Teas about the spread of AIDS. Hypothesis of Teas linking AIDS to a variant of a pig disease; Results of investigation into the theory; Further research on the functioning of AIDS virus.