A joint House-Senate
- Rig use soars worldwide. George, Dev // Offshore;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the increased utilization of offshore rigs. Factors contributing to the rising day rates.
- Rig newbuilds almost nigh. George, Dev // Offshore;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the increasing difficulty in finding available drilling rigs. Ways to cope with high demands for oil rigs; Problem posed by low day rates which do not justify newbuilds; Rising gas demands in the United States and other regions of the world.
- West African deepwater rig demand at highest. Akani, Fred // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
Reports on increased deepwater rig demand in West Africa in May 1996.
- Ursa largest in Gulf. Von Flatern, Rick // Offshore;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p28
Reports that the offshore oil rig URSA developed by Shell will be the largest platform structure in the US Gulf of Mexico.
- Multilateral technology advancing by `firsts'. Von Flatern, Rick // Offshore;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p30
Discusses technological advances in multilateral systems for oil well structures. Installations by Baker Oil Tools; Sperry-Sun Drilling Services; Halliburton Energy Services.
- Sonic completes LWD suite. Von Flatern, Rick // Offshore;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p30
Discusses the features of a multilateral system for oil rig structures. Use of seismic technology.
- Worldwide. George, Dev // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p10
Forecasts that global rig activities in water depths greater than 1,000 feet will double in 1996 as it did between 1993 and 1995.
- Gulf rig day rates continue climbing. Von Flatern, Rick // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p22
Reports on an increase in contract renewal day rates for independent-leg jackups in the Gulf of Mexico. Comparison with 1995 rig rates; Comparative rates of jackups and semisubmersibles.
- Texas rig count continues to lead nation. // Graham Leader;2/15/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 53, p14
The article reports that the Texas average oil rig count as of January 20, 2012, was 918, which continues to lead nation.