Incremental health system reform: Where Medicare fits in
- The Fine Art of Medicare Fees. Glenn, Chris // Review of Ophthalmology;Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the impact of Medicare fees on the accessibility of medical services in the U.S. Information on the fee fix bill on Medicare; Percentage cut on Medicare payments; Accessibility of medical care.
- A drug benefit in play. Goldblatt // Business News New Jersey;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p29
Focuses on the proposal to add pharmaceutical coverage to Medicare in the United States. Impact on the health care industry; Proposed legislative bills related to the said issue; Reactions from pharmaceutical companies.
- Medicare Part C--Medicare+Choice. // CPA Journal;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the effects of Medicare+Choice on the Medicare program in the United States. Coordination of care plans; Private fee-for-service plans; Medical savings accounts.
- How should hospitals relate to Medicare HMOs? Murray, Michael J.; Anderson, Donna J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan96, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on how hospitals in the United States should relate to Medicare's health maintenance organizations. Statistical information on the growth of Medicare; Market opportunity for insurers; Medicare managed care models.
- BARRIERS TO ACCESS TO HEALTH CARE. McKinney, Louise W. // Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine;Winter2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the barriers to people gaining health care access in the U.S. Identification of obstacles to health care; Presentation of ways to avoid the barriers; Eligibility for Medicare.
- Clinton offers Band-Aid approach to Medicare. Brown, Jaci // Inside Tucson Business;07/19/99, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
Comments on United States President Bill Clinton's plans for Medicare. Inclusion of outpatient prescription medicine benefit; Infusion of funds into Medicare from projected surplus tax revenues; Implication of possible Medicare bankruptcy.
- It's a lockbox. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;06/19/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p2
Reports the plan of United States House Republicans to introduce a legislation that would set aside some Medicare surplus funds for increases in provider payments. Information on lockbox provision; Details on the cost of drug proposal; Objective of the legislation.
- Midcourse correction needed for Medicare managed care. // Modern Healthcare;10/12/98, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p33
Discusses the need for the United States government and the healthcare industry to join forces to make the Medicare risk program more viable. Percentage of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in capitated risk plans; Information on the Medicare+Choice program.
- Medicare growth trends warrant reform. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on a United States federal government report suggesting that an increase in Medicare enrollment will affect the country's ten most populated states. State-by-state break-out of demographic and spending data for the Medicare program through 2025; Smaller states that have the highest...
- Don't get burned by RUGs. Bonn, Karen L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr98, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p80
Deals with the changes on medical care in the United States caused by the Medicare Part B cap. Effects of the Part B cap to nursing homes; Impact of the Part B cap to nurses.