- Consuming Danger: Reimagining the War/Tourism Divide. Lisle, Debbie // Alternatives: Global, Local, Political;Jan-Mar2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p91
Focuses on the relationship between war and tourism and the reasons for war zone tourism. Role of the safety/danger opposition in the war/tourism relationship; Significance of segregating war zones and safe zones; Impact of war zone tourism in promoting peace.
- Trade digs in to see out war. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/31/2003, Issue 1661, p1
Reports on the decline of the travel industry in Great Britain due to the war in Iraq. Increase in holiday cancellations; Reductions in airline capacity; Staff cutbacks.
- Conflict fears decimate sales. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/31/2003, Issue 1661, p3
Reports on high levels of travel cancellations and destination changes in Great Britain following the onset of war in Iraq. Prevalence of cancellations among holidaymakers.
- 'War appears inevitable' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/20/2003, Issue 2547, p2
Reports on the inevitability of war against Iraq. Impact of war on the travel industry; Support of the British officials to the U.S. military action against the Iraq; Awareness of the government on the damages of war against the industry.
- HOTLINE. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/24/2003, Issue 2556, p1
Addresses the issue of the impact of the United States war against Iraq on the travel industry. Efforts exerted by the industry to address concerns and questions from travelers; Projected effect of the war on the industry's sales.
- 'We will not be axing any of our staff.' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/24/2003, Issue 2556, p4
Reports that majority of British travel companies will not be cutting jobs despite the bookings decline caused by the war in Iraq. Reason behind the companies' decision; Training programs launched by several companies to fill the free time of staff.
- THE REAL RISK IS GOING TO THE AIRPORT. Josephides, Noel // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/24/2003, Issue 2556, p13
Addresses the issue of the Iraq war's impact on British tourism. Influence of Americans on the British traveling public; Risks involved in traveling during the war.
- Threat of war hits sales. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/23/2002, Issue 2532, p1
Relates the effect of the threat of war against Iraq on winter travel booking sales. Decline in booking sales.
- High price of politics. Lane, Martin // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/17/2003, Issue 1659, p8
Focuses on the effects of the war in Iraq on tourist trade in Great Britain.