Closing the salary gap
- Gender Differences in Anticipated Salary: Role of Salary Estimates for Others, Job Characteristics, Career Paths, and Job Inputs. Heckert, Teresa M.; Droste, Heather E.; Adams, Patrick J.; Griffin, Christopher M.; Roberts, Lisa L.; Mueller, Michael A.; Wallis, Hope A. // Sex Roles;Aug2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3/4, p139
Presents a study which compared the pay expectations of men and women. Overview of previous studies on the effect of gender on pay expectations; Causes of the difference in pay expectations of men and women; Explanation for the low salary estimates of women at entry and at career peak.
- You still have a way to go, baby. // Marriage Partnership;Fall92, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p14
Presents information from the 1996 US Census on the earnings of American workers. Male workers; Female workers.
- Earnings differences between women and men. // Women's International Network News;Summer91, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on earnings differences between women and men in the United States. Statistics; Factors affecting the earnings gap.
- Survey reveals women still earning less than men, but gap narrows. // Jet;2/26/96, Vol. 89 Issue 15, p36
Reports on the results of the `Working Women' magazine survey comparing salaries of men and women. Findings of variation in inequities by industry and position; Comments by article author, Diane Harris; Estimate by the Bureau of Statistics.
- Women-owned biz face earnings gap. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/22/95, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p31
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the Small Business Administration about the earnings gap between self-employed women and men. Average earnings by women; Comparison with gap between men and women employees; Suggested explanation for the disparity.
- The Danish gender wage gap in the 1980s: A panel data study. Rosholm, Michael; Smith, Nina // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr96, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p254
Investigates the explanations for the evidence of gender wage gap in Denmark during the period of 1979-1990. Strengthening of the principle of equal pay by the European Union in 1976; Factors behind the stagnating Danish gender wage gap; Empirical model based on the estimation of a traditional...
- The distribution of male and female earnings 1973-91: Evidence for Britain. Blackaby, D. H.; Clark, K. // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p256
Analyses the major developments in the structure of male and female wages in Great Britain between 1973 and 1991. Focus of the paper; Changes which have affected wages; Examination of the major developments; How the data was gathered; Results of the study; Conclusions reached by the study.
- Equal work. // Machine Design;7/13/95, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p177
Focuses on the salary gap between men and women workers in the United States. Highlights of a statistical brief from the Bureau of the Census.
- USA: GAINS IN PAY EQUITY REVERSED IN LAST FIVE YEARS. // Women's International Network News;Summer2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p61
Cites a report on the widening wage gap between male and female managers in the U.S. Implications on the corporate sector; Industries included in the report; Comparison of wage rates.