- Won't God Provide? Moseman, Judy // Campus Life;Dec2000, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p20
Presents a question and answer advisory on college education in the United States. Importance of faith in the Lord in seeking for college scholarships opportunities; Benefits of part-time jobs in saving money for college; Qualifications in applying for a financial aid.
- College-entrance rate highest in history. // American School & University;Jul98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the increase in the number of students attending colleges in the United States, in spring 1997. Percentage of high school graduates who attended college.
- Did You Know? // Black Issues in Higher Education;08/05/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p12
Provides information on college education in the United States. Connection of finishing high school math to the chances of acquiring a bachelor's degree; Chances of earning a degree among students with continuing remedial problems; Chances of graduation of students who frequently fail to finish...
- Viva La STUDY ABROAD. // Careers & Colleges;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
Presents the report 'Open Doors,' released by the Institute of International Education which surveyed the population of college students in the United States that study abroad between 1998 and 1999. Number of college students that were given credit for studying abroad; Statistics on the most...
- LIFE ON CAMPUS. Rauf, Don // Careers & Colleges;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p10
Looks at the trends in the campus life of college students in the United States. Interaction among students from different races; Their interest toward computers; Discussion on the academic challenges facing the students; Description of the life in mixed dormitories.
- College Board Advocacy & Policy Center's 1st Annual Survey of School Counselors Offers Critical Insights from Key Education Professionals. // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine;1/9/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p59
The article offers an overview of the U.S. College Board Advocacy & Policy Center's First Annual Survey of School Counselors which provides insights from education professionals about the mission of schools to ensure that students complete 12th grade to succeed in college and careers.
- Life Teaches What College Can't. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);06/30/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p31
Comments on the education received by college students majoring in business, finance and economics, in the United States. Dearth of knowledge on the Social Security system and capitalism; Inability to discuss junk bonds and endowment funds.
- Trends. // NEA Today;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p22
Deals with a movement called college for all that is sweeping the United States according to the Department of Education in 2000. Number of students that leave four-year colleges without graduating.
- Limited Learning on College Campuses. Arum, Richard; Roksa, Josipa // Society;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p203
The article presents a discussion of learning in colleges and universities related to changes in American higher education, adapted from the report "Improving Undergraduate Learning: Findings and Policy Recommendations from the SSRC-CLA Longitudinal Project," published by the Social Science...