Moving toward peace in the Middle East
- Remarks Prior to a Meeting With Easter Seals Representatives and an Exchange With Reporters. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/25/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p946
Presents the text of a press conference given by United States President George W. Bush, on June 20, 2001, concerning the possible peace treaty among the Middle Eastern countries.
- The U.S. and Morocco: Sharing a vision of peace. Clinton, William; Hassan II, King // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;3/27/95, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p233
Features the opening remarks made by the President of the United States and the King of Morocco at a press conference in Washington, D.C., on March 15, 1995. Topics discussed at a meeting between the two leaders; Relations between the United States and Morocco; Developments in the Middle East...
- `A new and different track'? Bird, Eugene // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the progress of the alternative track to peace treaty negotiations in the Middle East. Perception of the re-opening of the Syrian track by the United States Department of State; Possibility of a peace agreement by September 2000; Concerns over the lack of frankness in the...
- Exchange with reporters at Cardozo High School. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/26/98, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p93
Presents the text of a press conference given by the president of the United States on January 19, 1998 at Cardozo High School in Washington, D.C., which deals with the subjects of the Paula Jones lawsuit, the Middle East peace process and participation in community service.
- US drive in Mideast hits speed bumps. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 187, p5
Examines the Mideast peace process in August of 1997. The desire of the United States to advance to the so-called final status talks; What leaders must do before final status talks will take place; Actions taken by Mideast leaders which have threatened peace talks; The role that Israel and...
- Middle East Security Overview. // Iran Defence & Security Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p37
The article examines the political outlook in the Middle East for the 2010s. It observes that the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is standing at a crossroads between authoritarianism and political liberalization after the "Arab Spring" uprisings of 2011. It also cites the absence of an...
- Azmi Bishara speaks at CPAP. Lehman, Wendy // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p90
Focuses on the speech delivered by Palestinian scholar, Azmi Bishara at the Center for Policy Analysis on Palestine (CPAP) in Washington, D.C. about the negotiations for a peace treaty in the Middle East. Concerns over the lack of strategy; Need for the United States to put more pressure on the...
- Damascus eight meet in Latakia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/4/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the convening of foreign affairs ministers of the eight signatories to the Damascus Declaration in Latakia on June 25, 1997 to discuss the Middle East peace process.
- Remarks at Kazan Cathedral and an exchange with reporters in St. Petersburg. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/22/96, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p687
Presents the text of the United States president's remarks at Kazan Cathedral and an exchange with reporters in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Comment on Russian art, culture and history; Middle East peace process; Possibility of a ceasefire in southern Lebanon.