Angels in the rain forest
- Balance emissions, economics for future powerplants. // Electrical World;Jun94, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p28
Presents the report `Power generation and its effects on the environment,' by Heinz Termuehlen, Klaus Riedle and Konrad Kuenstle. Contact information.
- ...While row looms over biofuels. // New Scientist;10/24/92, Vol. 136 Issue 1844, p21
Focuses on biofuels, made from plants mixed with fossil fuels, and the division that exists over the benefits of such fuels. Announcement by French researchers that rape methyl ester (RME) pollutes much less than fossil fuels; A German team's results indicate RME could actually be more harmful...
- SAVING SIBERIA. // Ecologist;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p9
Discusses the environmental devastation of Siberia, Russia caused by energy resource production. Impact of energy resource production on the tundra and boreal forests of Siberia; Status of funding to support the environmental recovery of Siberia.
- ENERGY DEVELOPMENT. // Planning (14672073);10/1/2010, Issue 1888, p16
The article reports on the rejection of a proposal for a 90 meters wind monitoring mast in Cotswolds, England due to concerns about impact on air safety and the landscape.
- Sustainable world needs renewable fuels. // United Nations Chronicle;Jun92, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p71
Warns that current patterns of energy production and use will not lead to a `sustainable world.' Quotes report considered by Committee on the Development and Utilization of New and Renewable Sources of Energy; Health of planet demands renewed search for energy alternatives; Renamed Committee on...
- Come to climate camp 2010. Cunich, Simon // Green Left Weekly;9/15/2010, Issue 852, p9
The article reports on the action of the Camp for Climate Action members against the Bayswater coalfired power station in New South Wales.
- Environmental issues in the future development of the USSR... Yudin, V.M.; Makarov, O.K. // Energy Journal;1991, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on environmental issues in the development of energy resources in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). Percentage of the world energy production which the Soviet Union is responsible for; What is needed for solving social and economic problems; Amount of electricity and...
- From the editor. O'Brien, Rob // Government News;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various topics including the importance of good leadership in a community, Future of Local Government summit which aimed at improving local governance and the employment of localise energy supply in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Growth yes; warming no. // Christian Science Monitor;12/2/97, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p20
Opinion. Discusses the complex relationship between energy demands and global warming. How OPEC has approved a ten percent increase in petroleum production to keep up with growing demands; How increased petroleum usage is thought to lead to increased global warming; How increased energy...