North Korea said South Korea
- Nuclear flotation. // Modern Power Systems;Jun95, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the plans of the Ukrainian power authority to implement flotation of the country's nuclear enterprises and organizations in a bid to attract investment capital. Operation mechanics of the plan; Financial help from the World Bank for the improved operations of its hydropower plants.
- German scientists produce pro-nuclear memorandum. // Modern Power Systems;Nov99, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p3
Reports that hundreds of German of academics have signed a memorandum in favor of the continued use of nuclear power. Government's policy that would phase out nuclear power.
- Nuclear Costs Raise Questions. Kalet, Hank // Progressive Populist;3/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. President Barack Obama regarding its approval of 8.3 billion dollars in loan guarantees for two nuclear reactors in Georgia, wherein the costs has been questioned.
- Re-subsidizing nukes. // Environmental Action;Winter95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) suggestion that cost recovery should be based on a nuclear utility's reasonable expectations. Opportunities offered by FERC to utilities to change their contracts with municipal and other wholesale buyers of electricity.
- Renegades at the nuclear club door. // U.S. News & World Report;5/1/95, Vol. 118 Issue 17, p14
Considers how the United States seems to be winning the battle against nuclear proliferation at the negotiating table, while losing it in the field. Growing number of votes to make the nonproliferation treaty permanent; Problems with nuclear ambitions of North Korea and Iran.
- Public Perceptions of Energy Choices: The Influence of Beliefs About Climate Change and the Environment. Spence, Alexa; Poortinga, Wouter; Pidgeon, Nick; Lorenzoni, Irene // Energy & Environment;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p385
Past research has documented high levels of public concern for risks relating to nuclear power, with opposition to nuclear energy particularly being linked with general environmental concern. However recent UK energy policy, and other debates worldwide, has led to a repositioning of nuclear...
- Islanders contest report on nuclear risks. Masood, Ehsan // Nature;10/16/1997, Vol. 389 Issue 6652, p654
Describes the controversy over a report by Britain's National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) which states that risks to the island of Guernsey in the English Channel from two French nuclear facilities nearby are not serious enough to justify emergency countermeasures. Details of report;...
- A National Disgrace. STEORTS, JASON LEE // National Review;12/31/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 24, p22
The author discusses the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran. He suggests that the NIE, which reports that Iran abandoned its nuclear program, is misleading and was designed to disrupt policies of U.S. President George W. Bush. He suggests the NIE will prevent the success of economic...
- Cabinet gives nod to modular nuclear. // International Power Generation;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on South African government's approval of a phase of the Pebble Bed Modular Reactor project. Detailed feasibility study of a small scale high temperature gas reactor type nuclear technology developed by South African utility Eskom; South African Industrial Development Corp.'s stake in...