Ethical issues in health care
- Walk Around Traffic Jams. // Popular Mechanics;Mar2000, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p16
Presents information on a foldup car made from bicycle parts built by a mechanical engineering student at the University of Brighton in England.
- Closing gaps in consultation goals. Jordan, Jenni // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p47
Reports on the staging of the Conference on Evaluation in Clinical Ethics in Chicago, Illinois, on September 21-23, 1995. Conference objectives; Discussion on ethics consultation in medical care; Contact information.
- Third International Conference on Health Law and Ethics. // Women's International Network News;Winter92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p27
Announces the Third International Conference on Health Law and Ethics slated for July 19-23, 1992 in Toronto, Ontario. Topic areas; Contact information.
- Split-cycle combustion system could reduce vehicle emissions. // Engineer (Online Edition);6/23/2011, p10
The article discusses the collaboration of Brighton University and British engineering company Ricardo on the CoolR split-cycle combustion system project for the reduction of carbon emission and increase in thermal efficiency.
- Lord Winston Opens Â£23m Sciences Building at the University of Brighton. // Labmate UK & Ireland;2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the 23 million British pound Huxley Building, the new home of the University of Brighton's School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences in England, opened by Lord Robert Winston, a medical qualified scientist and television presenter famous for his work on human fertility.
- University abandons clinical placements for students. // Australian Nursing Journal;May2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p17
Reports that the move of the University of Brighton Institute of Nursing and Midwifery in England to abandon clinical placements for student nurses has been officially sanctioned by the English National Board. Failure to find mental health and learning disability placements for students;...
- A visual narrative of Writing-PAD. Bew, Carolyn // Journal of Writing in Creative Practice;Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p423
The article presents visual narrative and personal details of its creator Carolyn Bew, Academic Developer for art and design at the Art, Design and Media Subject Centre based at the University of Brighton.
- The Neuroscience Revolution. Wolpe, Paul Root // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the conference funded by the Greenwall, Medtronic Foundations and Dana Foundation that have raised a call to ethicists by highlighting the scientific advances in neuroscience. Issues the conferences explored; Neuroimaging purposes.
- International Ethics Congress to Convene in New York City. // American Journal of Public Health;Aug1995 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p1091
The article offers information on the Sixth International Congress on Ethics in Medicine to be held in New York City from October 22 to 25, 1995.