Just the facts
- Aids update. Geraci, Ron; Swierczynski, Duane // Men's Health;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p54
Includes articles about Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Multimedia resource about the disease in the Web; Life insurance companies; Effects of interleukin-2 in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) positive patients; Natural resistance to HIV.
- Plugging into AIDS resources. // Patient Care;5/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p181
Lists sources of information on AIDS. Telephone hot lines; Support groups for patients and physicians; Computer sites; Books and publications.
- Two PSA campaigns promote AIDS education and prevention. Osterman, Jim // Adweek Western Edition;1/3/94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p5
Reports on two public service campaigns dealing with AIDS prevention. `Automatic' advertisement which features a latex condom walking to the bed of a couple engaged in foreplay; `Break the Silence' advertisement which uses country music stars to talk about how AIDS is spread and how using...
- L.A. School Board to Distribute AIDS Pamphlets. Dwyer, Sandy; Brooke, Asian // Advocate;12/10/85, Issue 435, p22
Reports on the Los Angeles, California Board of Education's approval of a proposal to provide students with information about AIDS. Distribution of pamphlets containing specific details about AIDS transmission; AIDS-related in-service training of teachers and other school personnel.
- AIDS obscures injustice and medicalizes poverty. Murphy, Brian K. // Canadian Dimension;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p38
Argues the necessity for a rethinking of medical-scientific propaganda being disseminated about AIDS. Need to generate funds for research and medical treatment; Social and economic conditions that promote AIDS; Misinformation and faulty data presented by medical science.
- AIDS at work. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;Aug94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p12
Announces the availability of a manager's kit for firms that need help dealing with AIDS in the workplace. Price: Contact information.
- Directory lists AIDS resources. // Curriculum Review;Mar1990, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
Provides information about `Learning AIDS,' a directory published by the American Foundation for AIDS Research. How the the directory will help teachers, school policymakers and counselors for planning and implementing educational programs to prevent AIDS.
- AIDS facts in demand. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p48
Cites data from the Henry J. Kaiser Foundation on the percentage of Americans who believe that information about AIDS should be disseminated.
- AIDS resource service. // American Nurseryman;3/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p11
Reports that the National Centers for Disease Control's Business Responds to AIDS Resource Service is designed to educate and help people deal with AIDS and HIV in the workplace. Contact information; Materials offered by the service.