- The Sex Education Debates. BARLOW, DUDLEY // Education Digest;Sep2013, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p70
The article reviews the book "The Sex Education Debates" by Nancy Kendall.
- How the personal becomes political: Michael Gove shouts "sex" at breakfast. Waterman, Chris // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;12/2/2013, Issue 109, p7
The article discusses the lack of sex education in the national curriculum of British schools. Topics involve Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Education, the Department for Education (DfE), and television producer Simon Cowell. The author emphasizes the need of sex education in schools and...
- Colorado Officials Turn Down Funds For 'Abstinence-Only' Sex Education. // Education Week;1/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has chosen to refuse funds for sex education due to the restrictions placed on the federal funding. Accepting the nearly half million dollars in funding would have required the schools to teach abstinence-only sex...
- Trying to say `sex' in Polish. Nagorski, Andrew // Newsweek;6/21/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 25, p44
Looks at how sex education in Roman Catholic Poland has become the latest battleground between church and state. Parliament's passage in January 1993 of a law banning most abortions and requiring a sex-education program in schools; Opposition by conservative Catholics; Bishop Alojzy Orszulik of...
- Hawaii clergy attack liberal sex education. // Advocate;4/11/73, Issue 109, p11
Reports that members of the Coalition of Clergy and Laity attacked the State Department of Health's liberal stand on sex education in Hawaii in 1973.
- APHA to CDC: `Expert' panels inhibit AIDS education efforts. // Nation's Health;Mar93, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
Reports that public health officials told the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that expert panels who review the content of federally-funded AIDS education programs should be scrapped. `Offensiveness standard' for the `obscenity' test dropped by CDC; Contention that AIDS...
- APHA, others join to defeat sex education amendments. // Nation's Health;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the joined efforts of American organizations to oppose United States Representative John Doolittle's amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Stress on abstinence as a disease prevention tool; Barring of homosexuality; `Second-degree' amendment by Representative...
- No-sex ed. Delbanco, Francesca // Seventeen;Oct97, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p66
Questions whether sex education in schools will decrease the number of cases of teenage pregnancies in the United States. Citing the federal government's abstinence-only education; Teenagers call for more information about birth-control methods; Comments from Christine O'Donnell, a...
- Blair's attempts to 'modernize' sex education backfire. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;2/2/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p7
Reports on criticism of Great Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair's plan to change sex education.