- The vege-nazis. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the terrorist tactics used by the organization, Vegan Resistance Liberation to force their advocacy of vegetarianism in the United States. Allegations from critics that such tactics negate the nonviolent principles preached by vegetarians towards animals.
- Find the future in the past. Horgan, Karin // Vegetarian Times;Jun94, Issue 202, p71
Features Oldways, a non-profit group based in Boston, Massachusetts, which promotes healthful, sustainable ways of eating. Sponsorship of the symposium Food Choices:2000; Organization's history; Staff; Budget; Creation of the traditional healthy Mediterranean diet pyramid; Launching of Center...
- Vegans create a home of their own. Krizmanic, Judy // Vegetarian Times;Oct94, Issue 206, p22
Reports on the plan of the Vegan Co-housing Working Group for the first co-housing project in the United States organized around the shared value of being vegetarians. Development of the concept of co-housing in Denmark; Misconceptions about co-housing; Main goal of the project; Contact...
- VRG'S MEMORIAL AND HONORARY GIFT PROGRAM. // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p5
Presents information about the Vegetarian Resource Group's Memorial and Honorary Gift Program, which aims to support educational outreach programs and help promote vegetarianism.
- World Vegetarian Congress Brazil. Davis, John // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2005, p26
Highlights the 36th International Vegetarian Union World Vegetarian Congress in Florianopolis, Brazil. Number of attendees to the congress; Appreciation of the participants on the food and the venue; Hold of lectures and cooking demonstrations during the conference.
- Two Australian Vegetarian Pioneers Part 2 - Bruce Standish. // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Summer2006/2007, p48
The article features vegetarian Bruce Standish of Australia. With his mother's support, he started to stop eating meat at the age of four with the realization that meat was once an animal. He became actively involved in the Victorian Vegetarian Society during the early 1960s which later...
- about the societies . . . // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2005, p2
Provides information on the Natural Health Society of Australia and the Vegetarian Societies. Contact information; Key aspects of the natural health; Aims of the Vegetarian Societies; Commitment of the Natural Health Society.
- interview. Koorey, Stephanie // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Autumn2003, p39
Interviews Woman's Humanitarian Organization director Stephanie Koorey regarding vegetarianism. Impact of witnessing the death of friends on Koorey's decision not to eat anything with blood; Support from family members on the transition of diets; Favorite dishes.
- Black vegetarians cookin' up new soul food. Sankofa, John // New York Amsterdam News;11/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the preference of meatless and natural food by Afro-American vegetarians. Factors responsible for the preference of such food by Afro-Americans; Convention of Black Vegetarian Society of New York; Black Vegetarians Society which exists in the U.S.; Objectives of the society.