The right to bear sorrow
- Japan's mean streets. // Across the Board;May95, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the increase in gun-related deaths in Japan, according to the `Far Eastern Economic Review'. Sale of guns among gangsters; Availability of low-priced guns.
- It's Up to YOU. // Current Health Kids;Jan2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p22
The article offers tips about how to deal with a situation involving a person with a gun.
- A weapon to fight gun violence. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p97
Focuses on gun violence in the United States during 1998. Number of children who die from gun-related incidences; Number of deaths by firearms annually; Background on the development of programs geared toward the eradication of this type of crime; Objectives of the Join Together Online/Gun...
- Politicizing grief. WILLIAMS, ARMSTRONG // New York Amsterdam News;8/2/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p13
The article reports on the concerns about the Founding Fathers' fact that guns are instruments of violence in the U.S.
- Too young to die. Wellems, Bruce // U.S. Catholic;Apr2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p50
Encourages adults to take away guns from children in Chicago, Illinois. Ranking of cities based on the number of murders; Role of parents in teaching children about violence; Lesson that Jesus Christ teaches about violence.
- Faith in loaded guns makes life more perilous. Sandoval, Moises // National Catholic Reporter;5/17/96, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p18
Comments on a state law implemented in January 1996 in Texas that allows residents to carry a concealed weapon. Number of Texans who had completed applications before the end of February 1996 to carry a gun under the new law; Danger posed by loaded guns to their owner's families; Increase in...
- Gun controls laws are likely to increase shooting deaths. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/21/99, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p22
Comments on the potential effects of gun control laws in the United States. Likelihood of an increase in the number of shooting deaths; Results of studies on the role of the carrying of concealed guns in reducing gun violence; Effectiveness of gun control laws in preventing illegal acts.
- Proclamation 7049--National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence, 1997. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/10/97, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p1745
Presents the President of the United States' proclamation of November 6, 1997 as a National Day of Concern About Young People and Gun Violence. Law enforcement priorities of the government; Call to students and community groups to celebrate the day with programs and activities.
- Panel Members Disagree Over Gun Issues. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the debate regarding the relationship between guns and violence in the United States. Definite need for gun control acts in schools; Impact of the deterioration of social values; Role played by television in the deterioration of social values.