Allen seeks to abolish sex-ed. requirement
- Gov. Allen spells out conservative agenda. // Human Events;1/28/94, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p4
Reports on Virginia Governor George F. Allen's conservative agenda. Speculation of his future in national politics; Theme of creative conservatism; Call for a crusade against the state government bureaucracy; Vow to fight the tyranny and oppression of the federal government; Call for a...
- George Allen Finally Apologizes for 'Macaca' Comment. JHA, LALIT K. // India -- West;6/10/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 29, pA22
The article reports on the apology made Republican politician George Allen for using the word "macaca" against his Democratic rival's campaign volunteer Indian American S. R., in an attempt to win back his Virginia Senate seat.
- Former ADAS director and 'plastic house' pioneer dies. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;4/17/2008, p44
An obituary for the former ADAS director George Allen is presented.
- Trying to say `sex' in Polish. Nagorski, Andrew // Newsweek;6/21/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 25, p44
Looks at how sex education in Roman Catholic Poland has become the latest battleground between church and state. Parliament's passage in January 1993 of a law banning most abortions and requiring a sex-education program in schools; Opposition by conservative Catholics; Bishop Alojzy Orszulik of...
- Hawaii clergy attack liberal sex education. // Advocate;4/11/73, Issue 109, p11
Reports that members of the Coalition of Clergy and Laity attacked the State Department of Health's liberal stand on sex education in Hawaii in 1973.
- APHA to CDC: `Expert' panels inhibit AIDS education efforts. // Nation's Health;Mar93, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
Reports that public health officials told the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that expert panels who review the content of federally-funded AIDS education programs should be scrapped. `Offensiveness standard' for the `obscenity' test dropped by CDC; Contention that AIDS...
- APHA, others join to defeat sex education amendments. // Nation's Health;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the joined efforts of American organizations to oppose United States Representative John Doolittle's amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Stress on abstinence as a disease prevention tool; Barring of homosexuality; `Second-degree' amendment by Representative...
- No-sex ed. Delbanco, Francesca // Seventeen;Oct97, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p66
Questions whether sex education in schools will decrease the number of cases of teenage pregnancies in the United States. Citing the federal government's abstinence-only education; Teenagers call for more information about birth-control methods; Comments from Christine O'Donnell, a...
- Blair's attempts to 'modernize' sex education backfire. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;2/2/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p7
Reports on criticism of Great Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair's plan to change sex education.