Not carefree about sex
- The relationship of assertiveness to college students' safer sex behaviors. Yesmont, Georgia A. // Adolescence;Summer92, Vol. 27 Issue 106, p253
Investigates the relationship between assertiveness tendencies and safer sex behaviors in heterosexual college students. Method; Results; Discussion.
- Attitudes toward marriage and premarital sexual activity of college freshmen. Salts, Connie J.; Seismore, Melisa D. // Adolescence;Winter94, Vol. 29 Issue 116, p775
Explores the relationship between attitudes toward marriage and premarital sexual activity with a sample of 143 male and 198 female college freshmen who were administered a general information questionnaire and a modified version of Hill's Favorable of Attitudes Toward Marriage Scale.
- Colleges' disastrous new rules on sex. Hart, Jeffrey // Human Events;1/14/94, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the effects of the sexual revolution during the 1960's to the sexual behavior of college students. Legacies of the sexual revolution; Sexual violence on campuses; Perception of ambiguity on date rape.
- Diverging gender attitudes regarding casual sex: A cross-sectional study. Chara. Jr., Paul J.; Kuennen, Lynn M. // Psychological Reports;Feb94, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p57
Presents a cross-sectional study of diverging gender attitudes regarding casual sex. Survey of students at five educational levels; Presence of a striking developmental contrast; Gender differences.
- Campus sex. // Newsweek;10/28/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p81
As the dimensions of the AIDS epidemic have grown, colleges and universities have had to acknowledge its existence and prepare for the impact of the disease on their campuses. Schools are appointing committees and developing administrative guidelines and clinical and educational programs.
- Sexual Esteem, Sexual Depression, and Sexual Preoccupation in the exchange approach to sexuality. Thurman, Jennifer M.; Silver, N. Clayton // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun97 Part 1, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p908
Examines whether scores on a measure of the Exchange approach to sexuality would be related to differences in scores on Sexual Esteem, Sexual Depression, and Sexual Preoccupation among undergraduate students of the University of Nevada. Importance of sexuality to the human experience;...
- Sexuality. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1993, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
Reports on a survey showing that many students in Queensland do not use condoms during their first sexual experience.
- Ethnic and gender differences in sexuality: Variations in sexual behavior between Asian and... Meston, Cindy M.; Trapnell, Paul D. // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Feb1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p33
Reports on a study concerning ethnic and gender differences in sexuality in Asian and non-Asian university students. Differences in sexual behavior; Association between North American residency and the sexual behavior of Asians; Indications that Asian students were more conservative on measures...
- A review of studies of sexual behaviour of school students in sub-Saharan Africa. Kaaya, Sylvia F.; Flisher, Alan J.; Mbwambo, Jessie K.; Schaalma, Herman; Aarø, Leif Edvard; Klepp, Knut-Inge // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jun2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p148
Aims: This is a review of articles on sexual behaviour of school students in sub-Saharan Africa published between 1987 and 1999. The objective was to describe what is known in this regard and identify gaps in knowledge. Methods: Literature search using electronic databases and a thumb search of...