Doc in a box
- In brief... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
Presents several news in relation to medical care. Healthcare Financial Management Administration (HFMA) pursuing additional billing issues; Health Care Financial Administration (HCFA) company on moving to restricting the time limit for observation services; Final rule issued by HCFA for the...
- Let business goals drive your data warehouse effort. Ladaga, John // Health Management Technology;Oct1995, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the role of data warehousing in healthcare information services. Components of health information management strategies; Benefits of a data warehouse; Cost, complexity and time requirements in the construction of a data warehouse. INSET: What is data warehouse?..
- Case management software. // Health Management Technology;Oct1995, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p34
Presents graphical representations of the findings of `Health Management Technology's' October Focus Survey concerning case management software. Beliefs toward software capabilities; Average installation time; Number of installations.
- Managed care software and case management. Rothenberg, Fred // Health Management Technology;Oct1995, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p56
Answers questions related to the provision of case-management-related information to payers and management of patient care through management techniques. Purchase of stand-alone specialty software; Integration of case management modules; Flexibility in management.
- Products. // Health Management Technology;Oct1995, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p64
Presents catalogs of equipment and supplies related to information services in medical care in the United States. Includes touch screens by MicroTouch Systems Inc; Electronic claims by Systems Plus Inc.; Videoconferencing networks by Compression Labs Inc.
- Full speed ahead. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/4/96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p97
Presents the result of the 1996 annual survey of information system trends in the United States conducted by the periodical, `Modern Healthcare.' Progress made toward the computerized patient record; Information technologies being used in medical care; Total spending on information systems...
- A broader vision. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/4/96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p110
Presents the result of a survey on the shift on priorities on information systems in medical care conducted by the periodical, `Modern Healthcare.' Scope of information systems plan/vision; Organizations current phase in evolution toward managed care; Most pressing needs in managed...
- WEB SIGHTS. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug98, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p21
Presents several Web sites related to medical care in the United States. Includes National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare; Computer Information Center; Standard & Poor's Ratings Services site.
- Information management. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 18, p20
Features news on information management in health care. Launching of a regional computer network by the Integrated Medical Systems Inc. and Baptist Memorial Health Care System; Thomas S. Fischer as chairman of the board of the Patient Record Institute; Publication of the book `Community Health...
- Information management. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 20, p26
Focuses on developments in the information system of health care organizations in the United States. Contract awarded by the National Library of Medicine to the Northwestern Memorial Hospital to create NetReach; Celebration of the Health Care Information and Management Systems Week; Loan of...